Recent content by bassface

1. B

DynaudioLYD 48s...Enough Bottom end??

OK finally got my LYD 48s last week and have been listening to all my reference tracks/ my mixes and making assessments. my original query was about having enough bottom end... I am very happy to report that in my 3m x 4m x 3m reasonably well treated studio there is more than enough bottom...
  2. B

Oh I see. that i cant help you with
  3. B

in that case can you refine the question.. physical measurements? frequency?
  4. B

is that question for me, descartes?
  5. B

Kicks and bass guitar get down under that so.....
  6. B

I will not be using a sub... i do mainly acoustic instruments.. country/Americana type music and never monitor loud. So if i can get enough bottom end for that i will be happy. And ok will get the isoacoustic 155 Now all i have to do is wait... first it was mid jan delivery then late jan now...
  7. B

Ib my opinion the next step up from here of the available monitors in Aus...is the KH310...but $3100 vs $5400 so ...big step. nothing 3 way in between...also KH310 larger in dimensions and heavier
  8. B

Wide enough? feel secure and well supported? should i consider the 200s? thanks
  9. B

Thanks for that... yeah thats what i thought actual driver smaller than 8". Something must have changed in the intervening 30 years coz my NS20m measure 8" actual driver as stated in the specs. Anyway it is what it is.. im feeling a little more reassured now thanks to all of the replies i think...
  10. B

Thanks for the replies... using a sub has never been part of my setup and i am afraid that i will spend a lot of time second guessing myself... i dont know i would just prefer not to use one. All of my listing/mixing will be done from 1.2 mtr and rarely turn up past 80db (tinnitus). i really...
  11. B

Thanks for the reply.... yes i am aware of all the switches and used them all in my listening tests at the showroom... still seemed a little shy in the bottom. i dont want the "bottom end" of the neuman kh120 or the genelecs as i feel it clouds the upper bass/lower mids but would love the bottom...
  12. B

Hi all ... first post hope its the right forum... I am currently replacing my 35 year old Yamaha NS20M monitors powered by a Perroux 100w amp which have served me well... .But a midrange driver failing and subsequently replaced by the only driver in the world that i could find has now given me...
Top Bottom