Recent content by Bart

1. B

Bill Gates ex-girlfriend's HiFi?

Cheers ;) Similar models didn't have the dark stripe in the plinth also running through at the sides. But I know nothing about turntables, let that be clear.
  2. B

Bill Gates ex-girlfriend's HiFi?

This one looks quite a bit like it, also the cover (about the right height, little spot with possibly the Dual logo in the middle).
  3. B

Play Classics Reviews, Sound Quality, Feedback

Mario, thanks for asking for my opinion. I would like to be of help, but I doubt I can. I struggle to hear a difference, which leads me to believe that either the issue you're addressing differs from the one I mean, or the adjustment is so subtle that my ears are not capable of appreciating it...
  4. B

The comparison page is a nice and handy tool, the lossy format is no problem at all for the purpose it serves, imo. I'd only prefer longer fragments to listen to - I'm a slow guy :) I agree with you on the piano, I had mentioned it in my first post ("the piano part in it stood out positively").
  5. B

OK, thanks for the information. I had used my own CDs for comparison and preferred the ones I mentioned as far as the spatial aspect is concerned.
  6. B

I'm sorry, I didn't realize this. I do like those SQ recordings very much. Best examples in my collection are perhaps Ensemble Wien-Berlin + James Levine (DG) for the Poulenc sextet, and The Gaudier Ensemble + Susan Tomes (Hyperion) for L'heure du berger. They sound more "three-dimensional" to...
  7. B

Thanks again for the "Modern Music" and Rachmaninoff files. I had previously already listened to the two CDs by the Bretón String Quartet (string quartets by Bretón and Guridi) and the other Harmonie du Soir CD (Mozart and Beethoven wind quintets). I enjoyed the string quartet CDs and the solo...
  8. B

PlayClassics TRT v2.1j master file giveaway for ASR members

Interesting project. I'm especially curious for the "Modern Times" CD and the Études-Tableaux. Thank you in advance.
  9. B

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Yes, I did. If I remember well (from 24 or so years ago) I think they were on the warm side of neutral.
  10. B

Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd generation ). Edit: @Jimbob54 is quicker than me.
  11. B

Ha, these were exactly my very first headphones, Sony MDR-CD250 - also bought in the 90s. Very comfortable ones, but I gave them away when I got the Sennheiser HD580's. Back then I didn't know yet one can properly own more than one headphone at the same time :) Also had two consecutive Shure...
  12. B

Bach sets

I have the BACH2000 collection. Here you find a list of the 333 set: https://www.bach333.com/en/#contents and then select "CD overview". The majority of the recordings (at least the HIP ones) in there I have heard. The '333' is a bit of a mixed bag (on purpose), but mostly interesting. They...
  13. B

Digione or Digione Signature?

I've owned both. Didn't hear them next to each other, only after one another. Therefore I'm not positive there was an audible difference. If there is, it must be quite small. The non Signature version is best buy imo.
Top Bottom