Recent content by Bald1

1. Bald1

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

If this has already been cited i apologize as i would have missed it. That said it was only published 10 or so hours ago. Seems MoFi {Mobile Fidelity) has been lying about pressing vinyl direct from tape masters. How a Phoenix record store owner set the audiophile world on fire The article's...
  2. Bald1

Uncoloured phono cartridges

Honestly no. Haven't looked in a long time at what Denon has available. I'm a septuagenarian with health issues which has reduced the vinyl playing significantly in the better part of the last decade. When I can I do enjoy my vinyl though. My carts are in very good shape FWIW too. What I'm...
  3. Bald1

Uncoloured phono cartridges

Interesting. I'm fond of both my Denon DL-304 and DL-103D cartridges. I use a DIY Cinemag CMQEE-3440A StepUp transformer with my George Merrill modified The AR Turntable with Sumiko Premier MMT tonearm. Started with a DL-301 back in 1983 and have preferred Denon MCs ever since although I'll...
  4. Bald1

Amp recommendation for Maggie 3.7i, opinions welcomed

I enjoy using a pair of Odyssey Audio Stratos SE+ monoblocks with my modified Magneplanar MGIIIa's. They are augmented with a Parasound HCA1200 driving a custom 15" sub. The system really 'sings" for me. :D
  5. Bald1

Bang-for-buck amplifier for HD650

I've been using and loving a Garage1217 Project Polaris v1.1 SS headphone amp w/"Mellow" bandwidth option with my Sennheiser HD600, Sennheiser HD580 (w/HD650 drivers, HD600 grills), and Philips SHP9500 w/2mm felt mod. This was designed by our own solderdude. :)
  6. Bald1

... --- ...
  7. Bald1

Vintage Receivers

Still running a Nakamichi TA-3A Stasis receiver in the master bedroom. :)
  8. Bald1

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

As have I. Great little DAC. :D
  9. Bald1

Show Us Your Headphone Stand

Philips SHP9500 on a BlueLongue Pesto headphone stand Sennheiser HD580 (modded with HD650 drivers, HD600 grills) on a walnut grained Omega style acrylic headphone stand Sennheiser HD600 also on a walnut grained Omega style acrylic headphone stand
  10. Bald1

Any impact on sound by zip-tying speaker cable together

Frantz, you beat me to it. I was going to answer that cable tying would only show improvement if placed on risers! lolololololololololololololololol
  11. Bald1

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

This site gives some good info and history: http://www.amstereo.org/
  12. Bald1

Carver TFM-xx Amplifiers

Never have owned a Carver amp. But like Digital Mastering System I love and still use my TX-11a tuner. Sadly the one local station that broadcast AM-Stereo decided when their equipment failed to stay with plain mono. :( The AM Stereo was remarkable on this tuner. I also own a Phase Linear...
  13. Bald1

I Dream of Maggies

T_C, Curious. What lead time did they quote you for your LRS order?
  14. Bald1

I Dream of Maggies

At my age (I'm a septuagenarian) I could care which. LOL Sorry to the Op as his thread has taken a truly unusual turn. :D
  15. Bald1

I Dream of Maggies

Red headed gals are renowned for their heightened libido. :D
Top Bottom