Recent content by b7676

1. B

New Kali Audio monitor

Info@KaliAudio replied regarding sm8c:
  2. B

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

The same commercial draw as Kidz Bop or Now that's what I call music. The most derivative immitation of original 'sounds', played as close to infringement as possible and clearly a team of attorneys push the product to get there. For a monolithic audience not saavy enough to detect the cuckoo...
  3. B

Why are people using higher priced dacs in 'stacks'

The first reason is by far the shakiest; For the sake of 2 channel? The second reason are the medium of your music collection. Lossless codec(s) and usb controllers? The third is noticing you did not like an onboard dac/amp. Forgotton most of the hours listening to realtek chips, but enjoy...
  4. B

Recommendation of a AK4499EX-Based DAC?

The iiwi guy said the more expensive smsl are better, but certainly not twice or thrice the E70V's value. DX9 is the present sound jewelry piece.
  5. B

Topping E70 Velvet or Fiio K9 AKM?

Alternatives to E70V are su-9 ultra, and the old D90. The flagship AK has a memorable relaxed ease much more mature than the 4493.
  6. B

New PC build for audio and video

A new Intel build is for flagship overclocking and the fastest memory controller. AMD rules the midrange. (Mobos: x670 uses double of the chipset, b650e gets more better pcie for gpu+nvme use than b650) The only passing ddr4 build is the 5800x3d / 5700x3d. 3060 is a good pick for the moment...
  7. B

Better than this for $50?

Under 100$ get the cs43131 or 43198 KA11, ka5, Dawn, ua1 plus, Space, dc03, dew4x, TP20
  8. B

Looking for a 3rd option for 8" stand mount passive speakers (~$1500 us retail with stands)

Thought of the goldenear brx, the Q audio tensegrity stands (i don't understand their bookshelf lineup), and the kali santa monica which should have news on an 8 inch before spring.
  9. B

The ADC Conundrum: For studio and audiophiles looking for the right features

That E1DA Cosmos is still peerless for measurement grade, and has been an important product for the home objectivist. Topping is getting into ADC (only selling on aliexpress) production at a very slow pace and seemingly won't have a measurement grade device anytime soon. Cheap interfaces are...
  10. B

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

"Pro" device for at home no screens on. Hinge less like shanling's design. No dac/pre/rca. Dual usb output, for pc class ripping, and dac classes. Opt, coax, I2S ideally. Maybe dsd upconverting. SACD player. Heavy. Gapless Playback. Good buttons, maybe on top not the front. Skip foward/back. A...
  11. B

Floorstanding Speaker: Yamaha NS 777 vs Q Acoustics 3050i

A subcontinent of 1.5 BILLION people with no notable hifi industry, let alone message boards.
  12. B

Amp and DAC needed?

Core upgrade reason into desktop stack from dongles are preamp functionalities. Plenty of volts and switching for power amp/monitors and/or to have perfect resistor ladder analog volume knob. The jewelry of bigger better dedicated power supplies and flagship dac / IO chips has merit if you do a...
Top Bottom