Recent content by Azeia

1. Azeia

ANIME.. Anyone?

Oh! That's actually one of my favorites, I have the DVD. Another film I liked from the same director is Millenium Actress.
  2. Azeia

ANIME.. Anyone?

Fixed that for you. ; )
  3. Azeia

ANIME.. Anyone?

I still have to watch Umineko. I think I have it downloaded but haven't watched yet.. I looked this up, it actually looks interesting, I might try watching it sometime. Thanks for mentioning it.
  4. Azeia

ANIME.. Anyone?

That's one of the most frustrating things about the anime industry to me honestly; there are a lot of shows that only exist to promote a manga, and once they're done telling part of the story, or a super condensed version of it (that often leaves loose ends), it's over and you just have to read...
  5. Azeia

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Actually I already mostly understood those things from many of your prior posts on the subject (across various threads) I was mostly just curious about this comment specifically from an earlier post: I just wasn't sure what you meant by "5-pin inputs" here This is great to hear; I'm very much...
  6. Azeia

I may have misunderstood something, when you mentioned that it'd be nice if there were a 5-pin input connector as well, to complement pentaconn, I was assuming you meant for rear inputs because saving space on the front by swapping XLR4 wouldn't get you much if you still had large connectors on...
  7. Azeia

ANIME.. Anyone?

I'm not sure what you're talking about regarding the tropes; when I think of "edgy" shows that use random violence, I'm more likely to think of Fist of the North Star or a lot of the stuff that Manga Video brought to the west back in the 90s. Also, while Akira is a great film, one of it's...
  8. Azeia

I think part of the reason the desktop headphone amps use XLR4 is the psychological aspects (as Tom has spoken about many times). For one thing, XLR to a lot of laymen is associated with "better" when used for line out/in, so people see the XLR4 headphone connector and think it's better than...
  9. Azeia

ANIME.. Anyone?

At this point Occam's razor requires me to place the blame on the friends rather than the show. ; ) And if we're going to classify this as a standard "magical girl" show because it has some of the elements, despite being way darker, then we'd also have to ignore the parody elements of shows...
  10. Azeia

ANIME.. Anyone?

I like recommending shows like Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni to people who are new to anime or skeptical that you can have more serious themes in anime. The first is extremely deceptive in it's outward appearance, you go in thinking it's just some childish "magical...
  11. Azeia

I wasn't suggesting it was easy, I was mostly agreeing with you and others that "balanced" headphone out seems more of a gimmick than anything else, and that vendors seem all too keen to reinforce myths regarding balanced headphones. Maybe I just read into things a lot, but when I hear certain...
  12. Azeia

Yeah but the engineer could just have designed an amp with more power on SE headphone out in the first place. Like the Neurochrome HP-1 had enough power from SE to pretty much blow up any headphone driver out there, all from it's SE output, it could drive even the hardest to drive headphones in...
  13. Azeia

How to Fix ESS Hump on SGD1 and LA-QXD1

This is pretty cool, as others have said, I also really appreciate the spirit of openness here, as most other vendors have been keeping their ESS hump solutions secret; this might be the endgame DAC I've been looking for. Will it eventually be available on Amazon's Canadian (amazon.ca) store as...
  14. Azeia

SMSL Q5 Pro DAC And Stereo Amplifier Review

It's odd how SMSL can have some amazing products like the SP200, but then have broken ones like this Q5. I also had a really bad experience with their "sAp II Pro", which granted is only around 70 bucks, but even so the thing would clip very easily with my DT 990s on bassy music. I replaced it...
  15. Azeia

Dell XPS 8930 RealTek HD Audio Interface Review

Would still be interesting to see if their claims stand up to measurements though. In my situation I am currently using my Crosshair VII Hero's analog out for my speakers, since they're not exactly fancy speakers anyways (I might switch to something better next year), but I do have a DX3 Pro for...
Top Bottom