Recent content by axbarker

1. A

CHORD M-Scaler Review (Upsampler)

Frequency response is magnitude and phase all captured in a unique impulse response. Nothing else needed.
  2. A

Mobile Fidelity Analog Vinyl Controversy

To those who can resolve their hearing to -300dB this initial digital step must have been obvious for many years. So why has it taken so long it to break - if indeed it makes any difference in the REAL world.
  3. A

Tomorrow Dec 25th 2021, is a very big day! James Webb Scope is headed out.

Turn the JWT onto the Scaler to see if we can detect the hidden micro magic.
  4. A

We are agreeing - but I cannot accept the Chord DAC somehow cannot be perfectly described by its frequency response and that some how its time domain response is in someway decouple from this. For total system yes - but that's not where Watts was coming from.
  5. A

Revisiting Room EQ options in 2022 (2.2 setup)

I am using a 4x10 MiniDSP to compensate and integrate 4 subs with my main speakers. I dont DSP my main floor standers. Great results but takes time to methodically integrate each sub. Helps being SVS subs so you can do it all from the listening position.
  6. A

Tranducers are non-linear and therefore time and frequency could become decoupled - but that's not relevant to the MScaler-DAC discussion is it? Unless Watts is claiming his kit corrects downstream transducer problems??
  7. A

Watts is talking about electronics (his kit) not transducers.
  8. A

Frequency response and time response are directly couples through the impulse response of the filter. They are NOT separate subjects. Frequency response and time response are directly couples through the impulse response of the filter. They are NOT operate topics. Unless he has introduced...
  9. A

Yes he was remarking about the hairs on the cochlea(?? spell check) being more sensitive in the bass region. Rather than hearing I think it was ESP.
  10. A

Yes I have, there is no indication as to what its set at - you have to back through and reset it so you have no doubt what its operating at.
  11. A

" - in case of metal/metal interfaces it degrades detail resolution and the perception of depth. So going balanced will have a cost in transparency" This is just crazy stuff. Thanks for the link to some great Rob quotes. Its sad that such an enjoyable hobby has this kicking around. Imagine...
  12. A

I watched the Rob Watts and down under reviewer who can hear differences between USB cables and the "benefits" of the M scaler. First a few declarations: I have a PhD in electrical engineering, researched into the application of digital filters utilising their "transient" impulse response...
  13. A

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

Just undertake a repeatable blind test to establish fact. What is the problem here?????
Top Bottom