Recent content by avoidwork

1. A

SMSL DO400 Fully Balanced Audio Decoder & Headphone Amplifier

if you don't care about the HPA and run it line level out it's probably impossible to determine which DAC you're listening to. i received one today and it sounds like the a70pro/d70pro that it took the place of; there's no way I could pick those 2 dac/amps apart.
  2. A

FiiO K7

Do they? The acronym is as old as technically possible. I've been using mine for 2 days now, and it's really enjoyable. I can't really hear a difference from my K9 Pro, but I do love the different UX. Faster to turn on/off, and I can read the labels on the face this time! It's also tiny; the...
  3. A

FiiO K7

its Phone Out, like headphone.
  4. A

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

nah, it's definitely not worth further effort. i put my vmv d3 back in it's usual spot on my desk. it's definitely faulty hardware, but is it in the thermals or the xmos? i'm really thnking it's the xmos, but maybe heat is a factor into it misbehaving, either way the jitter setting is not going...
  5. A

no. i set it to 'dp1' yesterday when i had replied about 'dp4' default setting. i'm assuming i have a lemon, but if other people get simliar behavior it's probably the xmos controller; it's behaving like the i2s signal isn't being sent internally.
  6. A

It seems to be fine with 44.1khz over coax + optical; can't tell if it's the input signal or just thermals that triggers the issue. issue happens with 44.1khz as well.
  7. A

I hadn't; out of the box it was on 'dp4' which seemed reasonable. the 'usb2' mode was also enabled out of the box, but I'm using that for a roon bridge. I'm using the coax + optical with an smsl po100 which is stable.
  8. A

I've been using one since Thursday and its dropped the audio signal on the optical & coax inputs multiple times each day with no obvious event happening, e.g. no surge, no audible noise, no cell phones or other random radios near by. I think the xmos controller is having trouble; the signal is...
  9. A

SMSL HO200 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

do you live in a vacuum? i don't. my hearing isn't perfect, so what i'm hearing is likely due to physical differences from the measuring devices that the headphones are sitting on. i also move them on my head for an ideal* sound. i simply can't grok herd mentality that a single measurement...
  10. A

no... this is electronics... analogies are on point.
  11. A

i find r2r usually has better separation in sound stage; i have 3. the difference is pretty noticable with some genres of music. i love the projection here my dude, please keep that heat up. i'm a software developer with >20yr experience. unlike people that theorize, i happen to gather info and...
  12. A

that's unfortunate i guess? class a sounds warmer than the analytical* aaa, but cool i guess. another factor is your ears vs my ears, vs everyone else's ears, and like, every other environmental factor you need to consider.
  13. A

so to clarify, you're saying every device off the manufacturing line will be exactly the same as every other device, and every implementation of all the dac chips in the world are meaningless because of 1 chip in the pcb? wow. that's like saying the cpu with the fastest clock speed will do the...
  14. A

no, they dont. why do people on this forum perpetuate that myth? it's as dumb as thinking thd will tell how you something sounds. i've owned/used everything i've mentioned - do you have any experience, or just an opinion?
Top Bottom