Recent content by avm

1. avm

Review and Measurements of Pioneer VSX-LX303 AVR

These AVRs I used to die for back in the day. Now I realize that they were not really superior to my old vsx 816.
  2. avm

Looking for an actual quality AVR?

You're absolutely right Dimifoot! Even if I had a 3-figure sum of money at my disposal I would never buy a fancy AVR. This might sound a bit crazy but instead I would buy 3 stereo power amps+ preamps and I would connect it to my on-board multichannel DAC of my computer and do the decoding with...
  3. avm

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Really impressive performance but for the price it is exactly what one would expect I guess. Suppose I would like to pay one tenth for an also very capable amp, then the first thing I would think of is the Akitika power amp. Then I would immediately think about how these two compete with each other.
  4. avm

miniDSP U-DAC8 8-Channel USB DAC Review

I almost bought this DAC some months ago thinking that it would be a massive improvement over the on-board Realtek DAC of my computer. What a disappointment. Having already seen some measurements and some posts on integrated audio codecs I am quite astonished that this chips are really quite...
  5. avm

Any DAC above $2 is a scam you DO NOT pay for Audio Quality you pay for Features (Article)

You are absolutely right solderdude. There are just so many variables that cannot be comfortably discarded to show what such chips really are capable of. But reviewing a modern motherboard and comparing it with an equally modern AV receiver's DAC would be, I pressume, revealing. Lately I've been...
  6. avm

Any DAC above $2 is a scam you DO NOT pay for Audio Quality you pay for Features (Article)

I really wish amirm would do a proper review of the Realtek ALC887 and the ALC892
Top Bottom