Recent content by AudioStudies

1. A

Why?

And then likely hundreds of more directions, such as "don't answer my question with a question" which is akin to "answer my question first". Or when it gets more heated, "Why the hell not?" . . .
  2. A

Powered monitors without AD conversion

How about you just vacate my thread? You are the one not making any sense on most of your posts. You are the one who appears to chew on some bone of faux incorrectness in what I have said, and when I try to explain - you clamp down the teeth.
  3. A

Go to the Sweetwater Pro Audio site, Click on Studio Monitors, then Click on Active Monitors. You will find all sorts or powered monitors in there that have no digital components, such as the offerings from Focal. Some active monitors are equipped with DSP (and thus digital components) and...
  4. A

The term "active monitor" applies to powered monitors. This term can (and does) apply to many speakers that have no digital components whatsoever, such as those with ANALOG ACTIVE CROSSOVERS. Analog active crossovers have been defined many times over in these pages. If you think a crossover...
  5. A

No, wasn't looking for a digital input, just wanted something without ADC and DAC, just straight up analog amplification. I have since "wimped out" though and went with some Kali Audio speakers that do have the ADC and DAC steps.
  6. A

I think you are mistaken. Some powered monitors were equipped with DACs. Also, powered monitors are called "active monitors" - just check out some of the pro audio websites.
  7. A

Why?

Well it could make for a lot of things being dead . . .
  8. A

Why?

I think the answer to at least one of his questions must be "42". I could say "21" but that would be half-assed answer . . .
  9. A

Why?

I look at it in the opposite way. Being here, and seeing the justification for affordable products, and the non-justification for expensive products, leads to less consumption.
  10. A

Best DAC/AMP Combo For The Money

Not familiar with the units you mention. Topping has some excellent stand alone units as well as stacks, highly reviewed here at ASR. The RME DAC is more expensive than the Toppings, but has incredible features, including built-in parametric equalization. RME also highly reviewed within ASR.
  11. A

Best DAC/AMP Combo For The Money

I like the offerings from Topping. Not sure if by "combos" you mean units that have combined the dac and headphone amp into a single unit, or a combination of two separate units (typically called a stack). You didn't mention your price range. As a stack, the Topping D90 & A90 is an excellent...
  12. A

new dac suggestions

I have the Topping D90 (not the SE), and have been very happy with it. It has great performance, excellent connectivity (including an AES input), is available in two colors, and even has a remote. If you wanted to go slightly above your budget the RME ADI DAC 2 FS would be under consideration...
  13. A

Is the Hi-Fi industry inherently not adapted to the 21st century (serious discussion)?

Yes, if they can afford to self-fund. Many examples in life though where the best artists cannot afford what they need to perform at their best. Many very gifted classical musicians for example cannot afford the instruments they play. A support network of some sort can thus be very...
  14. A

Is the Hi-Fi industry inherently not adapted to the 21st century (serious discussion)?

I don't think all musicians are good recording engineers, so I do see value in a "music industry" -- hopefully one that won't take advantage of the artists. Its easier to be your own photographer nowadays also, but great swimsuit models may do better with a professional photographer.
  15. A

I certainly am not very concerned about rich artists getting richer. What concerns me is the more restricted paths for up and coming artists to grow their careers. Indeed, where is that streaming money going?
Top Bottom