Recent content by AudioScience Enthusiast

1. A

KEF R6 meta Measurements and Review

R6 Meta with room gain and EQ is more than capable of going below 80Hz, so why not set XO lower than 80Hz whenever possible? I find the lower frequencies integrate better when they are not diverted to the subs as much until absolutely necessary.
  2. A

If Audyssey detects the native crossover should be 60Hz, then I don’t think my Dirac Live 50Hz XO after a bit of Low Sheld EQ is unacceptable!
  3. A

No, I didn't bother because I don't play at reference volumes. Even when watching a couple of explosive Christopher Nolan movies, I haven't noticed anything weird yet. If I want to measure it later, what is a good way to do so?
  4. A

Since I used Dirac Live Bass Control, even when setting it to 50Hz XO for Center channel it really has a roll off stating at 70-80Hz, so with the Low-Shelf it produces a very satisfying sound that is still integrated with the front channels.
  5. A

Good question. I did try 100Hz XO, but somehow the low frequencies for human voice coming out of the subs are not as natural as the lows coming out of R6 meta, so I decided what the heck just let the Center Channel deal with the low frequencies which the center channel is primarily there to do...
  6. A

After struggling with R6 Meta for a bit, as suggested by some forum members, I added a Low Shelf and found the ideal XO of 50Hz using Dirac Live, now it is finally living up to its promise as the most amazing center channel ever made for mortals (aside from the Reference). Vocals are being...
  7. A

Kef R6 meta initial impression

My listening position is 10-12 ft away so unfortunately the LS50 "low cost" solution won't work well then. It's probably a better to pair the R6 Meta with R3 (Meta) then. For Front Channels, R7 Meta drivers are a match for R6 Meta, but I wonder if one can get away with just R5 Meta?
  8. A

Kef R6 meta initial impression

If there are multiple subs located in equal distance to MLP, I guess the experience will be less annoying despite localization? As much as I want to match the LS50s to my R6 Meta, but the high crossover required for them really make me wonder what these are suitable for? Even for music...
  9. A

If you are asking if I have run Dirac Live room EQ after my center channel was replaced with R6 Meta, then yes I have run it, that’s when I was surprised its low frequency performance was not as advertised by KEF. After a “Low Shelf” was applied to the target curve, the low frequencies have...
  10. A

I tweaked Dirac's target curve, will be testing the "Low Shelf" effects at different crossover for R6 Meta (eg. 50Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz) to see when the boost is most audible and if it still integrates well. Since this is listening test, I will need some time but for sure I will report back!
  11. A

Dirac doesn't have "low shelf" function but I can edit the Center Channel "target curve" for R6 Meta to achieve the same effect that you suggested! Thanks. Logically yes, the Low Shelf will delay the roll off, but Dirac "recommends" 100Hz crossover based on the capability of R6 Meta, so I will...
  12. A

Just got my R6 Meta. While it's wide directionality is impressive, but for some reasons, I am not getting any additional low frequency performance (rated at 65Hz@-3dB) compared to the Polk Reserve R350 (rated at 75Hz@-3dB) that it replaces. Especially during dialog, it's missing the vibration...
  13. A

KEF R8 Meta Dolby Atmos Speaker Review

That's a very good point. Since I really like the R7 Meta (fits my room too), but R8 Meta doesn't seem like a good match (due to high crossover) for my AVR, maybe it's not too much of an issue to match up with other brands' Atmos speakers that extend to or below 80Hz? After all, my Dirac Live...
  14. A

Interesting that despite the "bad results", many manufacturers are advertising the "up-firing" as a "feature," why is this happening and no additinal backlash?
  15. A

This is an awesome function! Now I know why processors like Stormaudio is so expensive, thanks! But on a modest budget using LX805 (with Dirac Live Bass Control), any good ways to get R8 Meta integrated?
Top Bottom