Recent content by Audionoob5000

1. A

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

I find it interesting to read that the topic of scaling seems to be a point of contention here after all. I also posted a question to Head-Fi regarding the Arya, and got some good feedback echoing what was mentioned here with regards to brain burn-in, but also several comments claiming that my...
  2. A

Placing the hands over the cups seems like such an obvious suggestion in hindsight... I tried it and the difference is huge. With the hands on the cups everything is much more "pushed together" and muddy. I also tried this with the HD558 and it doesn't really make a difference. This matches...
  3. A

Thank you for your input! It makes me feel better to hear that my experience is not uncommon and to be expected. I am listening to the Arya now and enjoying them, I'm just not sure how much more than my Sennheisers... I hope I will be able to tell a difference when I go back to the HD558 in a...
  4. A

I had a look on the site you linked and it was not the HD414, but rather the HD420 (not SL, the headband is different). It looks like this. Anyway, thanks for the reply, I guess I will try the Arya for a couple of days and see how I feel about them then.
  5. A

Thanks for the reply! Maybe I should have been more clear, I don't necessarily want a night and day difference, as I quite like the sound signature of the HD558, but I kind of expected to hear a bit more detail, soundstage, all that good stuff...
  6. A

Hi everyone, I just bought the Arya (stealth magnet version) and I need some perspective because I'm actually rather disappointed. My first "proper" headphone was a Sennheiser HD558 that I bought ca. 10 years ago, and back then it was an eye- or rather ear-opening experience, as it was an...
Top Bottom