Recent content by AudioLimey

1. A

EQ file for Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Thank you very much. I'll give it a try...
  2. A

Thanks @staticV3 . So I have successfully imported one of Pierre's EQ files into the Headphone EQ plugin. I'm now looking for an EQ file specifically for the Diamond 9.1, if someone happens to have one that they can post here?
  3. A

Actually no. On another thread, @staticV3 said to use the Headphone plugin. The linked thread was about applying a shelf filter (albeit for a different set of speakers) Some I'm confused about which plugin I should be using. I thought you can just apply a filter without having to do any...
  4. A

Hello I'm a new convert to affordable EQ...just installed MathAudio Headphone EQ into foobar2000. My speakers are the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, to which I listen via a desk setup, so near field, about 50cm from the baffles. The room is untreated but there's at least 90cm to side and rear walls...
  5. A

Equalizer APO - Douk Audio U2 - XMOS

I get your point that EqAPO covers all bases, but I trial music on YouTube. If I like it, I buy it, and then listen to it via foobar....so not an issue for me. Good point though. Cheers.
  6. A

Do you mean listening to music other than via foobar...say YouTube? I'm only interested in EQing via foobar.
  7. A

Hi @daftcombo . Based on the recommendations above I installed the Mathaudio Headphone EQ plugin into foobar. It worked without issue, so I kept it and uninstalled EqAPO/Peace.
  8. A

Sorry @staticV3 - I want to use the Mathaudio Headphone EQ plugin, even though this is specifically for speakers, not headphones?
  9. A

Thanks both for your ideas...I'll give Mathaudio a go and will check-out the filters. (@staticV3 , @Sokel )
  10. A

Hello @staticV3 , @Sokel . Thanks for your replies....however I'm confused. I mention above that I switched from using the "Speakers (4- XMOS XS1-U8 DJ (ST)) [exclusive]" device to the "Speakers (4- XMOS XS1-U8 DJ (ST))" device. Q. Are you saying that the "Speakers (4- XMOS XS1-U8 DJ (ST))"...
  11. A

Hello. I'd be very grateful for some help please... My hifi is setup as: Windows 10 laptop/foobar2000 -> USB output -> Douk Audio U2 -> Optical Out -> DAC/Pre-amp In foobar, I usually have the Output Device set to "Speakers (4- XMOS XS1-U8 DJ (ST)) [exclusive]". Everything works fine. I've...
  12. A

SMSL SU-9n Pre-amp - any good?

Well, thanks to everyone that replied. To be fair, it's left more questions than answers. Anyhow, I've decided to play it safe and gone down the integrated amplifier/passive speak route; so I've bought an Audiolab 6000a. Cheers all.
  13. A

Wow - almost radio-silence.....any Chinese DAC owners got an opinion of the pre-amps on your DAC - or do I just assume that Jay and Paul are correct i.e. that they are s**t?
  14. A

Hello I’m considering buying the SMLS SU-9N DAC. It will be used as a preamp for a pair of active speakers. I’ve read Amir’s review and see that he recommends the SU-9N. My question is about the preamp… For example: A “Jay Iyagi” video uses an expletive to describe the preamps on Chinese...
Top Bottom