Recent content by audiojoe

1. audiojoe

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

Very happy owner of a D10s/L30 combo here and all I can say is wow, Topping has done it again! I think Amir's influence on the industry will continue to grow and give consumers better products and value in the future. Being a university student, whom's part time job is directly affected by the...
  2. audiojoe

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Just got my replacement from Shenzhenaudio and it is a 2101... model. Only small differences I could notice about the build from the outside, for example a much less stiff volume knob (not that it was any bad before of course) and an ever so slightly rougher feeling texture on the shell. Other...
  3. audiojoe

Thank you so much! Kind of ridiculous how "hidden" this option is -_- Fingers crossed this works...
  4. audiojoe

I know this is the wrong place to ask, but I'm just out of ideas here. I bought my L30 last Juli from Amazon Germany with Shenzhen audio as the seller. I have reached out to their support mail for a replacement unit and they kept telling me to contact the "amazon seller", which I told them WAS...
  5. audiojoe

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Out of curiosty, when I upsample with HQplayer to 352.8k or 384k is the internal oversampling filter basically bypassed? I read that the built in ES9038Q2M dac chip can go up to 768k, so this is why I'm asking. Is the D10s just using a lower sampling rate for the filter to save power, because it...
  6. audiojoe

@JohnYang1997 wanted to say thank you to you and everyone at Topping! Finally have my d10s and l30. I upgraded from an odac/o2 combo from Head n Hifi I purchased back in 2014. I was actually quite surprised how big the difference was. Overall I'm very happy! :D Like some people here, I am a...
  7. audiojoe

I was wondering about the 90khz test as well. Sorry if this sounds stupid, I'm not educated in how all this works, but isn't the 90khz test there to show how ultrasonic noise makes the dac perform worse in the humanly audible range of 20-20khz? The dac always oversamples everything to it's...
  8. audiojoe

Hey there, got my d10s and loving it so much^^ So I have a question about Topping's Asio driver. I usuall have my windows sampling rate set to 44.1khz and 32 bit. When I play music either through foobar or Jriver that is also 44.1, it is NOT exclusive. I can still play other audio sources like...
  9. audiojoe

Yes, you can check the offical specs on Topping's website. If you scroll down, there is a section for the pre amp: http://www.tpdz.net/productinfo/511207.html
  10. audiojoe

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Yes please! I'm VERY intrigued by these. Heard they sound quite similair to the JBL offerings at a similair price, but are supposed to have slightly less noisy amplification and are sounding really great even at quiet volume levels, which is exactly what I need in my apartment. Granted, these...
  11. audiojoe

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61YmHBTYl0L._AC_SL1200_.jpg
  12. audiojoe

Topping L30 HeadAMP

Thank you for the reply! So you mean they do provide EU power supplies if they see somone ordered from Germany? I wanted to order from either Amazon Germany, which is handled by Shenzhen audio, or directly from the Shenzhen audio website, since they seem to be an authorized seller. I just read 2...
  13. audiojoe

I'm very much new to this topic, but could it be the filters these dacs are using? My LG G7 thinq also has an ESS dac like the d10s and has 3 filter options. All 3 have very audible sound characteristics and the default "sharp" filter actually does sound a bit harsher on some frequencies to my...
  14. audiojoe

Topping L30 HeadAMP

First off, huge respect for your designs, you seem to be on top of the game! I live in Germany and I have read about Topping not providing EU power supplies that would fit our region. Is there anything I can do, or do you recommend buying a different amp? I really don't want reduced perfomance...
Top Bottom