Recent content by AudioJester

1. A

AXPONA 2024 - what to do and see?

Cost me in total about AU$7k for Lx521 including multichannel dac and amps. Iam not sure why you would need 5 amp channels per side. Can get away with 3 if you use SL's original passive network between the mids - that setup had textbook perfect midrange measurements. Curious what/how the new...
  2. A

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Understood. But you can use a 3800 purely as a pre with ART (when released) and trust it will just work. Does the Monoprice have that same reliability or is it still buggy and will drive you nuts?
  3. A

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Is it a viable alternative (does ir work) to DM offerigs?
  4. A

AXPONA 2024 - what to do and see?

Just use your pc with a motu/focusrite/topping/okto 8 channel dac. You only need 4 amp channels per side - 8 channels in total. Only the bass modules need grunt, the other drivers are very easy to drive.
  5. A

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

@amirm amazing that you were able to help Erin through this! And kudos to our lawyer member!
  6. A

BACCH and other XTC

I am also using xtalk shaper with HL host/convolver. My setup is an active 3-way stereo system. Completely agree it increases soundstage, "spaciousness" by "moving" certain instruments/sounds furher apart horizontally and vertically. I posted in another thread about a waves plugin - PAZ stereo...
  7. A

DEQX Premate 8 digital active crossover / DSP

They showed the new unit at the Sydney hifi show, was just running 2 channel pass through and not doing any dsp. Iam guessing the firmware is still not ready? The unit looked very nice though. Not sure what the issue is with usb mics - they measure very well? Also, the implementation of...
  8. A

BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sounds Product of the Year 2024"

I found something. PAZ Analyser is a waves vst plugin. (I got it free with one of there continuous sales a while ago). It has a stereo position display! Can clearly see the change using xtalk shaper - adjusting the effect control, but more easily with the bypass button. Very cool! Obviously...
  9. A

I might try the Windows VST version of UBAACH. How would I go about measuring/quantifying the effect? (Have REW and Audiolense).
  10. A

So, being totally naive about legal matters. But, does the owner who sent the speakers for review have a case that they are not delivering what was advertised/claimed by the manufacturer? Do all owners of said spraker have the same issue?
  11. A

Amir, been a big fan/admirer of your work. Your dedication to the cause is unwavering and you continue to surprise. Happy to contribute. By the way, a high end dac for the lawyer member may not work.... we know "high end" usually means poor performance
  12. A

Thankyou, real experience, non biased feedback. Otherwise it follows a coomon path for uber expensive audiophile products- where those who have invested in it want to rave on and on about it ( i have been there myself in the past).
  13. A

Seems to be a trend where electrostat speaker owners are getting great resiults with BACCH. Not doubting there is a audible improvement. What speakers do you use? For a wider sweetspot, $5k can get some pretty good speakers. BACCH s an expensive upgrade path. How do you measure the effect?
  14. A

Just try xtalk shaper from home audio fidelity. Much cheaper if your not sure, pretty easy to demo/trial as well Before the plugin, Thierry was building xtalk cancellation into convolution filters - I first tried it in 2017 and have been a fan since.
  15. A

Audyssey Manual Calibration “OCA’s REW + Audyssey Awesomeness”

No open baffle. But i do have upfiring atmos with pretty poor bass
Top Bottom