Recent content by AudioJester

1. A

March Audio Sointuva Speaker

Looks brilliant. Presume the passive radiator/s are on the rear? Whats the crossover point?
  2. A

Recommended 5-channel Class D amp -- ATI, NAD, Nord, something else?

Ok, Iam guessing by the no response there are no measurements? So why hype these amps up on ASR??
  3. A

Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC by Alex Cavalli Review

Kevin Gilmore used to give Alex Cavalli a hard time on head-fi. Gave his products a bad rep. Like the logo as well
  4. A

Monoprice Liquid Spark DAC by Alex Cavalli Review

Nice! Heard mixed things about Cavalli products previously.
  5. A

Thomas Savage Stepping Down as Moderator

I hear head-fi have an opening... The best part of your moderation Thomas is that its barely visible and never heavy handed. Now lets talk about important things, like cricket!
  6. A

If you have full range main speakers can a single sub be enough?

Order online and have it delivered. No need to get wet or cold.
  7. A

DIY Holton amplifier builds underpowered and distorted

Look on stereonet - loads of purely subjective hyperbole about Elektra. On the flip side I dont think I have seen much criticism from owners who are generally satisified like you. In this objective forum - my and your - personal opinions about product performance count for very little...
  8. A

My recollections of Elektra were some strange variations in pricing. Back in the days you could source it from some guys on DTV forums for almost half the retail price. I have heard the multichannel version in a buddies HT setup. Could not fault it and was a definite improvement over the...
  9. A

Purifi Audio SPK5 Measurements | SoundStage/NRC

Guys bear with me - at the limits of my knowledge... But what is the contribution of the passive crossover to the low sensitivity?? In the other thread I was wondering the merits of ditching the external passive crossover and switching to a miniDSP 2x4 with 4 channel amplification.
  10. A

Whats the issue with Elektra?
  11. A

Apollon Hypex NC2K Amplifier Teardown

You know, I tell my buddies that Audio is a a nice relaxing hobby....
  12. A

Apollon Hypex NC2K Amplifier Teardown

Oh dear, this has turned into a pointless Presidential debate...
  13. A

Recommended 5-channel Class D amp -- ATI, NAD, Nord, something else?

Never come across this amp before. Are there any measurements?
  14. A

Stereonet is famous for protecting its adverisers/vendors. Its a one man business and run that way. Not defending it, but its pretty much stated as you sign up what the rules are. Dont like the way its run, well then its not the place for you. The guy is just protecting his business interests...
  15. A

Handmade copy of Purifi SPK5 design on UK eBay

Very nice. Guess you could use a minidsp 2x4 and ditch the passive crossover and use a 4 channwl amp?
Top Bottom