Recent content by audiofun

1. A

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

as I said earlier, chip updates such as ES9039Q2M / XMOS XU308 gives zero audible benefit. on the other hand, balanced outputs do give huge improvements on noise reduction. A lot of professional equipments (studio monitors for instance) only accepts balanced signals.
  2. A

C200 is not too large. and it has much better component (PSU for instance) quality than dx3 pro+. the adapter of dx3 pro+ is just crap. LED too -- a few users reported it fails. I agree dx3 pro's amp is more powerful. it is possible to add balanced output to topping dx3 pro in the same package...
  3. A

chip updates such as ES9039Q2M / XMOS XU308 gives zero audible benefit. Instead, having a balance outputs (which can be done at near zero cost) would greatly make the device more usable in a lot of cases. But I don't believe topping would be willing to do that, as that hurts the sales of their...
  4. A

Topping A90 Discrete (A90D) - Teardown and personal thoughts

I would like to see a teardown too. but even with that we may still have limited knowledge, as the main parts are sealed in modules. I lost interest in buying (and teardowning) topping products after they transitioned to use those modules. To me this is a stupid move --- causing a lot of product...
  5. A

If rca->rca has ground loop, your configuration won't solve the issue much. Better to use this method: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/topping-dx3-pro-review-dac-headphone-amp.27148/page-49#post-1132610 compare to your configuration the above connection requires one...
  6. A

New S.M.S.L. M300 SE 120$

technically speaking, with same hardware, it is possible to dump firmware form new device and flash it to the old device, even if the manufacturer does not release the new firmware.
  7. A

I asked the manufacturer to remeasure and repost the graph. it should be fixed now.
  8. A

new firmware is needed for filter selection. I proposed the feature to them months ago because they should be able to do it at zero cost. you can ask them for the new firmware. new units will come with it by default.
  9. A

factories like smsl's produce at least hundreds of units per batch. otherwise the cost per unit will be too high. for a $100 unit, there no way smsl can do it with just tens of units in this batch. this is not insider knowledge at all. Not knowing that indicates you are too unfamiliar with how...
  10. A

this is just nonsense. m300 is sold out and hundreds of people own it already. he is the only one that mentioned the bugs (noneven frequency response, microclicks) with zero data (or sample recording) shown. If SMSL made those serious mistakes many people may already verified it. I wouldn't...
  11. A

I made it clear --- there's zero data to support his argument. I trust SMSL to get the most basic thing right (ruler flat frequency response). frequency response & the above mentioned bug can be simply tested and verified. Until I see data I won't trust either your or the other user's theory...
  12. A

I don't trust MBO's argument. things such as "Аs well as SMSL built into the firmware a stereo expander or some kind of beautiful equalizer." simply does not make sense.
  13. A

then it doesn't make sense anymore based on the context. the article indicated that a firmware fix could make the click go away. i won't worry about it until someone doing experiements and can show it really has issues.
  14. A

not really making sense. the class H amplifier is not something that can be turned off. so no way to turn it off. based on the context the author is referring to something else. In any case it is super easy to verify if M300 has this issue. maybe just plugging the rca/hp output to computer...
  15. A

cs chips are for embedded devices so having power saving mode is not new. it would be strange for product like m300 to use this feature.
Top Bottom