Recent content by Audioagnostic

1. A

Audiophile jewelry - most beautiful Cd players, turntables and other gear

Hi @VintageFlanker , How is your experience with this player? Most important for me is the ability to play scratched disks. I have a lot of CDs with a bit of damage that play fine in my current player but gave me issues in my previous one. Looking for a small player the Shanling seems to be a...
  2. A

How much power and SPL's do people actually need in their homes?

Wouldnt this also depend on the type of music you listen to? Compressed pop music is always loud so you may play this at lower levels than say a Bruckner Symphony that has a way higher dynamic range.
  3. A

Musical artists who evolve?

Does Joy Division, New Order count? The most obvious example is the Beatles of course.
  4. A

What streaming service do you use?

I buy CDs for around a euro. This week I bought 30? Discovered the Roots, acoustic Hiphop. Primal scream, EDM rock fusion. Dj Krush, Japanese glitch EDM. Some Turkish Armenian world music, and much more. It helps to live in a city, Amsterdam, where people with good taste dump their CDs though...
  5. A

What streaming service do you use?

I quit streaming and only play CDs. Your poll is missing this option. The physical aspect of playing a cd and listening to whole albums is a more involved music experience to me. It may be a phase though, fuelled by purchasing industrial amounts of second hand CDs.
  6. A

Nirvana -In Utero 30th Anniversary

I dont care, just depressed this was released 30 years ago.
  7. A

SMSL PL200 (CD Player)

They both look cool but I have sufficient cd players already.
  8. A

What will ‘HiFi’ look like in 2050

CDs will be extremely hip.
  9. A

CD turntables how do they work?

@DVDdoug , thanks! It is a magical machine to me, there must be some computing power inside. It is able to separate pitch from tempo if you engage the "master tempo" switch. You can change the speed while maintaining pitch. There is also a version that takes dvds. You can scratch images with...
  10. A

@AnalogSteph , thanks! Yes I have seen this clip, it was in fact the reason I wanted to buy one. The Technics are still at least 400 each, to much for a toy I will bore of and put where my other cd players rest... The Pioneer was, as I understand, the club standard in its day.
  11. A

For those unfamiliar with the technology. These are very cool devices meant for djs. You can play a cd, make loops, change the pitch, scratch, play music backwards. I recently bought a pair of Pioneer cdj 1000mk3 and use the digital out to feed my dac. Sounds excellent but it is a nice toy as...
  12. A

Great music - but recording unfortunately is "meh"...

Purple rain is imho one of the greatest albums ever but sounds kind of congested. Not sure how to explain.
  13. A

Your vintage audio bargains. Show us pics.

Just bought this Marantz CD5000 for 5 euro at a thrift store. No remote though. Works perfectly.
  14. A

Cayin Mini-CD MKII CD Player Review

Thanks for the review, very interesting! I hope to see more cd player reviews. "I don't know why anyone would want a CD player these days but if you do, I guess the Cayin is not half bad." I actually stopped streaming and started buying CDs again. Thrift stores, people getting rid of their...
  15. A

Greenwave EMI Meter Review

Is the B&K 9801 Lab AC generator marketed as the ultimate audiophile power supply? Much cleaner than ordinary AC. Must have a devastating effect on the soundstage. No?
Top Bottom