Recent content by Audioagnostic

1. A

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

I dont care about MQA at all but the side discussion about what can be considered music is interesting to me. I would like your opinion on the possibility of encoding some more experimental music. A poster above already mentioned Ryoji Ikeda. A japanese electronic music artist that is known for...
  2. A

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Johan, I presume you can use the pi4 wifi as well? No need for an external wifi dongle?
  3. A

Thanks for the info. I am tempted...
  4. A

Johan, I am using a previous version of the allo Boss, 1.2, with a pi3 and use it with a standard 3A usb C powersupply. Happy with it, works very well. I have a pi4 for multimedia playback, libre elec, that I also use with a USB powersupply. Will a USB powersupply not work with the boss2? I am...
  5. A

Questions on cable lifter measuring

I conceed. However, because reptiles have higher electrical resistance than amphibians, I still think the impact of my toad on the soundstage was more devastating.
  6. A

What is the optimal sag though? Or should we attach the cables to the ceiling for the most sag? I actually forgot to mention amphibians. This morning I had to remove a toad from our living room. True story. It was on its way to my speakers. Since they are very conductive animals I shudder to...
  7. A

While the essential role of cables in sound reproduction has been firmly stablished, I feel the functions of cable lifters are much less defined. I would suggest there are four roles that cable lifters must perform. Defining these roles may help us in designing proper scientific testing...
  8. A

Skipping Mains Plugs for Power Amps

Amateur. Imagine the soundstage after hard wiring directly into the mains.
  9. A

Moode 7.0.0 released

Thanks will give it a try. Volumio is very stable but is, understandibly, moving towards a paid type platform.
  10. A

Moode 7.0.0 released

How is the moode app on an android mobile phone? I liked moode but found the app unuseable and am therefore using volumio. I use a Pi3 with allo boss dac, streaming from a NAS over WiFi.
  11. A

Trailer for Denis Villeneuve's Dune

Word. I ordered the new 4k restoration of the holy mountain and el topo. It just shipped, excited about that. The box is available at abkco, very good value, 4 dvd set plus 2 cd's.
  12. A

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

Fascinating how low the fidelity of the mains electricity is... Would be interesting to see if there are differences with other regions.
  13. A

Speaker Sensitivity: Advertised vs Measured

A Line suggests a linear relation between the points on the horizontal Axis. These are discrete events and therefore a line is a bit misleading. You could plot the data on an X Y grid. X Axis measured sensitivity, Y Axis advertised sensitivity. This way most speakers will hover around the 45...
  14. A

Some people have no morals

Websites of manufacturers like SR are a guilty pleasure for me. The descriptions, the pseudo science, it is a wonderful world. However, do the SR products really sell? It cannot be more than a small niche? This thread inspired me to look at the SR stuff again and I think I found the answer...
  15. A

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Weingut Kirsten! I bought a truckload of their 2015 wines when we visited. Very concentrated wines. I really like their style. Did you have the alte Reben? Wanted to visit again this year to replete our stock but this virus thing halted our annual Mosel holiday.
Top Bottom