Recent content by audimus

1. A

ATI AT522NC Stereo Amplifier Review

Let's not get personal please. We have higher standards here. - Amir November 5, 2019
  2. A

Here is what I see as some inconsistencies in the treatment of this amp vs the general forum expectations and comments: 1. An amp that is not totally flat in FR but falls off a bit at the high end in the audible range is bad because the goal is total transparency and that is only achieved...
  3. A

I wasn’t familiar with this concept before, so I read the Wikipedia description. I sort of get the general idea but I thought it was based on moving noise well out of the audible range as your graph shows. But then it was used in context of it being a possible explanation for increasing noise...
  4. A

You heard a hum in ALL of those amps? Seriously? Or are you talking about seeing them in a measurement? Perhaps there is a market for power line conditioners after all to remove any DC component in your lines. :)
  5. A

What is noise shaping? What about knowing the shortcomings of the amp design itself that professionals with deep knowledge of their amplifiers choose to leave out because it shows the demerits of the modules they are vested in? :) Or are you saying all those tests in addition to the others...
  6. A

I saw that but the difference was more than a few watts. But fair enough, though it would be useful to explicitly compliment manufacturers that quote specs that is more like what you measure (honest ratings) like say the Outlaw vs those that follow the industry marketing specs that diverge a...
  7. A

Would a non Class D amp get such a free pass for not measuring close to advertised power specs? Or that many spurious harmonics even if total distortion number is lower? Is there a “Class D sound” from those harmonics? :) We typically roast manufacturers for not measuring to their advertised...
  8. A

I am not against more measurements but why did this become a useful measurement and particularly for Class D? Are there amps known to send bad things outside of audio bandwidth? Didn’t know it was a thing. By the same token it also make sense to make sure an amp rejects such high frequencies at...
  9. A

Is it possible to verify if it has a RF filter on inputs as good practice for amps, in particular for designs that may be affected by it?
  10. A

I have been listening to the testimony in DC, and the above reminded me of what they always say when a witness is confirming their position. :p Ok, I’ll bite. What is the significance of a full spectrum to 1mhz sweep with a 40hz signal? Why 40hz and what perspective does this provide? I truly...
  11. A

What happens in the audible range if you feed it a 420khz signal at various power levels? :)
  12. A

White noise improves hearing

Because white can’t possibly be noisy? :p
  13. A

On Class D Amplifiers Measurements

Not getting personal here but before Amir jumps in with cold water, you do seem to be doing so when getting defensive and just lashing out. I don’t even get the logic being used here. This thread is about audible effects when there is RF in the input. Amir’s tests don’t do that kind of input as...
  14. A

Why include what can be construed as snark at the end? This is what makes people think you are less than objective. :) I was replying to your very post that had the caveat in response to my earlier post “ONLY if you first measure DACs.... etc” and because of that caveat. My post was to...
  15. A

Is there any other class of amp where audible effects are known to happen IF such an RF input came in at sufficient levels as shown by the OP test? This is not a rhetorical question. I really don’t know. If not, then it would be a documented Class D peculiarity and so worth making sure that it...
Top Bottom