atmasphere's latest activity

• A
    atmasphere replied to the thread Fun with vinyl measurements.
    Actually, it is. You can see clearly that loading the cartridge affected the squarewave response. Yet you can also see that when a...
  • A
    atmasphere reacted to Icewater_7's post in the thread Fun with vinyl measurements with Like Like.
    I know it has been a decent amount of time elapsed to remember exactly, but my consciousness is telling me that you were one of the...
  • A
    I've been running a balanced cartridge connection since 1989 (our MP-1 preamp was one of the very first balanced line preamps made)...
  • A
    From the Steve Hoffman site where for me it got more interesting. In this case we see what happens when the cartridge is loaded. This...
  • A
    Loading might actually consist of a capacitor and resistor network. Back 30 years ago I used to use Grado cartridges which seemed to...
  • A
    Did you do anything to load the cartridge? The V15 has a bit of inductance; in parallel with the capacitance of the tonearm cable and...
  • A
    Most phono measurements are, on account of almost zero provenance of setup, arm used, loading and so on. You really have no idea what's...
  • A
    Have you all paid attention to loading of these cartridges? The inductance in parallel with the tonearm capacitance can cause a peak at...
  • A
    atmasphere replied to the thread The Truth About Vinyl Records.
    The mastering house that bought my mastering system told me you had to be on the good side of the owner but that may well have been to...
  • A
    I've been told that by various sources that seem quite consistent despite not knowing each other but that does not mean I'm right...
  • A
    Yes- that was who I mentioned earlier though not by name. SUTs don't have bandwidth so the RFI thing isn't a problem. But ringing is...
  • A
    'Lathe cuts' don't use lacquers- they use something called a 'dubplate' made of polycarbonate or the like. They require a different...
  • A
    Just for clarity, acetate is a reel to reel tape medium, what was out there before polyester tape. LPs used to mostly be cut from...
  • A
    No doubt this setup put you through a lot of pain. I can go into the defects of this setup with a fair amount of ease (for example the...
  • A
    It’s interesting. There must be something to the scale of things. If you put 30,000 lbs of pressure on an actual square inch on any part...
Top Bottom