Recent content by astroreflux

1. A

clipping issue DAC/driver

so the data is "packaged" differently over each medium? that wouldnt really explain why there would be a difference in the levels read within eqAPO, as it looks like this is happening before anything is sent to be decoded by the DAC. if i open eqAPO and play a song, i can observe the changes by...
  2. A

clipping issue DAC/driver

I need some insight on this. Im using an SDAC and a Schiit Modi 3. when i use usb input on either of them and crank spotify or foobar to 100% i get clipping (observed through peace gui for eqAPO.) though when i use optical through the modi its fine. this is independent of windows volume (which...
  3. A

recommend a powerful amp with sub out <$1200

alright thanks. i think the smart thing would be to start with the svs sb1000 sub cause its on sale locally and i can integrate it with just an extra rca or speaker cable pair. then i can move forward from there if its not blending quite right with either of those cabling options. was listening...
  4. A

. Dsp sounds good but i want a dac that measures well if im gonna get a new 1. How do most people run 2.1 setups? I feel like what i want should be pretty simple to acheive. So with the dsp thingy i would output the same signal to the sub and speaker pre amp, but then id have to adjust the amp...
  5. A

Ah k so if i get a sub that i can pass through back to the inputs on the amp.. Does the sub then apply its crossover filter to the speakers? So optical or usb to the dac. Dac out to the sub, back to the amp and then speakers. Wait so how will that work assuming i can only use one input/output at...
  6. A

So the dac rca outputs? So id just plug either left or right into the sub? Can u get integrated amps that handle crossover like an AVR? I feel like i could get more out of the elacs and make them more efficient by not forcing them at full range. But dont really want an avr cause dont want to pay...
  7. A

Current desk setup = Schiit modi 3 > garage 1217 project sunrise (as pre but mostly for use with HD6xx) > SMSL SA98E (class D 160w@4ohm) > Elac Ub5. I want to add a sub. I live in New Zealand so has to support 230v. ~$1200 USD to spend on just the amp. in that price range and with the power...
Top Bottom