Recent content by ASRaddict

1. A

Upgrade from Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v.2

I decided that my ears are no longer that good to experience improvement over them - moved to headphones (Hifiman Ananda, Thieaudio Oracle and Truthear Zero) and still enjoy the Paradigm Reference 20s with Citation 7.1 amps.
  2. A

BA IEM distortion

Yes, that is my impression too, but when the speaker was close to the mic, the Oracle sounded more chesty (probably more accurate, and certainly not strained) compared to the other headphones I have at home I use the Peace test interface to create EQ for my hearing, but the Oratory ones are...
  3. A

BA IEM distortion

For what it is worth, I tried the 3 headphones that I have at home, apple earpods, google earpods (USB-C, first version), and the Thieaudio Oracle. Audio memory is terrible and the impedances are wildly different, so volume normalization is by ear only (and that is not very accurate). I used one...
  4. A

BA IEM distortion

I have been listening to the Thieaudio Oracle IEMs for the last 8 months and I think I am starting to notice distortion and am wondering if this is characteristic of BA drivers. I do not think that the IEMs are damaged and both ears seem to sound the same. It does depend somewhat on the track...
  5. A

Some Help with First DAC/amp/HP Please

I use this (http://www.digizoid.com/headphones-power.html) calculator to get the millivolt required for a 80 db SPL with headphones. Qudelix-5K provides an accurate mV (RMS) reading for the Volume that I use to set my mind at ease. A few milliWatts would be enough under most normal listening...
  6. A

Do keep an eye out for output impedance of your amp that you choose to buy. Some IEMs (if you go that route) have high sensitivity and impedance hovering around 10 ohm in the bass region which may be audible
  7. A

People who use a 10 Band Fixed EQ on their HP's to get their preferred sound, what's your process?

:) Assuming this comment is after the results and the subsequent EQ hearing test. Shoutout to Peter , author of the tool https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/calibration-tool-for-headphone-hearing-capability.17279/
  8. A

Lots of excellent advice. I purchased a Qudelix 5K (~110 USD) for my Thieaudio Oracle IEM and the feature / convenience of this DAC + AMP is fantastic. I doubt I can hear the difference between 24/96 and 32/384, and I would suspect not many would. I think the convenience of the device is going...
  9. A

People who use a 10 Band Fixed EQ on their HP's to get their preferred sound, what's your process?

i found the test interface in Peace UI (https://sourceforge.net/p/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/wiki/Headphones and hearing test interface/) to give me the best result. It also has a setting for GEQ instead of the PEQ, and I did not find them to be audibly different in my situation. There may...
  10. A

Safe listening levels (Quedelix-5K)

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure if the impedance is comparable across IEMs that have identical design (Moondrop variations) but that one is 16ohm Given how sensitive and miniature these devices are, I am hesitant to get a multimeter and test DC resistance, even though a blown IEM is...
  11. A

Thanks for the information - very useful I wish Thieaudio published the impedance for the Oracle, so that the calculation can be precise I have set the volume to -40 dBV, (20 mV) without any EQ settings and the sound is significantly quieter than what I was listening to. My normal listening...
  12. A

Hello Forum members. I purchased a Quedelix-5K to use with my Thieaudio Oracle IEM and I am wondering if I can compute the max RMS voltage (a feature that Quedelix provides) for safe listening level - say 75db SPL.. The headphones are 106db SPL/mW, dont really know the impedance, but assume...
  13. A

Calibration tool for Headphone + Hearing capability

I used defaults and that worked out well
  14. A

Calibration tool for Headphone + Hearing capability

Thank you Peter for this wonderful tool. I tried it last night with My Thieaudio Oracle and the generated EQ beats all the others by a good margin. Simple to use, works very well, and music sounds like it should.
  15. A

External DAC + AMP for Hifiman Ananda with Macbook Pro 2020 as source

Yes, they look and sound great and certainly sound very very good, though hand claps, cymbals and bells sound better on the Ananda's from what I remember. The IEMs do have their unique sound signature is what I am learning from listening to the Oracle for the last few days. Comfort is very...
Top Bottom