Recent content by aspillane789

1. A

Audeze lcd-4z thoughts?

Definitely will try the tilt if needed. I have had two top tier Me’s mention to not touch the low end on 4z. Bob is one of them. Albeit for whatever reason I’m not sure.. Did I unknowingly figure out the discrepancy about the no headphone eq vs headphone eq war? In a sense that it appears most...
  2. A

Audeze lcd-4z thoughts?

Thanks for this informative feedback. Do you think the slight 1k bump on the 4z needs a eq dip?
  3. A

Audeze lcd-4z thoughts?

Yes however there’s 2 exceptions to this. Mastering on headphones is becoming more common. *not the exception.. 1. It seems likely that spending a good amount on a good dac/amp/cans and possibly headphone eq for mastering is much better than having subpar monitors in an untreated room. I have...
  4. A

Audeze lcd-4z thoughts?

I got it from an individual with a huge discount so if I don’t like it I’ll have to resell it. Many mastering guys praise it for its low distortion and resolution. Bob katz opinion is most eq suggestions such as auto eq, sonarworks, Dsoniq to be too aggressive for eq’ing (aka more harm than...
  5. A

Audeze lcd-4z thoughts?

I just ordered the lcd-4z with a killer deal from a third party vendor. I was stuck between picking these and the Audeze MM-500. I posted a poll on a Fb group full of mastering engineers, almost all except bob katz voted for the lcd4z over the mm500. I plan on using the 4z for mastering. The...
  6. A

Best Dac/Amp combo for Audeze mm-500

Hi title should explain all :). Currently I have the smsl m500 v2 Dac. Will this drive the mm-500’s well? Thanks
  7. A

Best Closed back Headphones for "Mastering" under $600

I completely agree. i just have no choice but to master on headphones atm :(. one day ill get the dream mastering control room. maybe lol
  8. A

Thnx Robo! i ended up getting the hd 560,s. Translating incredibly well to speakers and cars. What i hear in my cans with Oratory's eq is so similar to what i hear on speakers. btw i am using goodhertz can opener, and occasionally checking club and car in dsoniq realphones. With some reference...
  9. A

I actually loved the k371. Most beautiful pair of cans i have ever heard. Slightly too euphoric imo for a mastering context. Intriguing. I wonder if other share a similar opinion. *im really liking 560s rn. Doing my first master test on them. so far so good.
  10. A

fascinating. I second Gary's concern of using IEM over Studio Headphones for mastering.
  11. A

I’ve seen this IEM term a few times. Could you shed a bit of knowledge on what that is?
  12. A

Hey guys! surprise here. I ended up getting the Sennheiser hd 560s :0... Im not saying im keeping them, ofcourse i can return them. But with oratory eq its boring. And thats what i need! to my ears i hear ZERO coloration. Its very neutral. Need to spend more time with them however, and do a...
  13. A

I have not tried those although they do look good. I’m starting to lean more towards aeon closed x because well I don’t need vsx for it’s room emulations. Aeon is about $25 more, but look very good for my Mastering needs
  14. A

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

Quite late to the game here im highly considering getting the aeon closed x for audio mastering. I have the Smsl m500 Dac/Amp so im wondering if this dac will suffice for these cans. Thanks :)
Top Bottom