Recent content by Asmodeus2112

1. A

Room Acoustics, getting started with 2 channel

I stream from a Windows PC-> Amazon Music -> Topping DAC -> Yamaha M-80 -> Speakers What's the best way to insert EQ into that pipeline? (Sorry, being lazy and asking instead of doing the research. Researching too...)
  2. A

Exactly, will be taking measurements at ~38% and other areas and see what happens. Room is 16.25 feet deep. I'll post a diagram of the room a little later when I get done with work and can play.
  3. A

Taking some measurements at different locations is what I am going to do next. I have been sitting right in the middle of the room, which may explain the bass being sucked out at ~120Hz. Speakers are Yamaha NS-1000 and Canton Karat 702.
  4. A

Thanks, I'm now reading about SBIR, speaker boundary interference response. I think I need to do some foundational work to position my speakers closer to the back wall, place my listening position according to the 38% guideline and possible add some treatment on the front wall. Then do some more...
  5. A

Hi, I am reading about this when I can, and at this point I understand the difference of the room, transition and speaker driving acoustics. I did some preliminary REW measurements with two sets of 2 channel speakers and I clearly have some room issues at 120Hz. Articles I have read so far...
  6. A

Genelec, how great are they really? The best?

I have some 2029BR's that I love. I can't compare to the current generation, sorry. I mainly listen near field but have used them from about 10 feet away in a medium sized room, they sounded great. Only complaint is the slight hiss that is noticeable in near field when nothing is playing, but...
  7. A

Yamaha A-1 Vintage Amplifier Review

Check your post at Audio Karma....
  8. A

Most respected reviewers

I love ASR and Amir's reviews. But I would like to find some complimentary reviewers that are trusted. By complimentary I mean more subjective, but still logical. May I ask the community what reviewers y'all trust and respect? (And by the community I am asking those that trust and respect Amir...
  9. A

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

Ok, thanks. I do not have the detailed knowledge about all of the details involved here, just wondering overall how much of the amplifier differences could be measured in the air after the speaker.
  10. A

Thanks Amir, I'm curious how the "Tube Sound" would show up in speaker tests like the ones you perform. As you show distortion would transfer, and I assume frequency response would be different, could anything else be measured? Maybe a fools errand, but can things like damping effect be measured...
  11. A

So, there are amp measurements, and speaker measurements. Is it possible to do an amp + speaker measurement? Keep the speakers the same, but change the amp from a SS to a Tube and see what the difference is? (Or if this is done somewhere could you point me to some tests, hope this isn't a silly...
  12. A

I would love an explanation of how this works... Another significant feature of Bob’s design is its ability to “listen to the room,” sometimes referred to as the ‘speaker-microphone effect.’ Facilitated by a special current feedback loop, it allows the amplifier to ‘hear’ the room's reverb...
  13. A

Steve Wozniak weighs in on right to repair

Wait, you mean it's funny that people think farming is still a one man industry, right?
  14. A

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

4.14.0, and my D10 hardware revision is 1.02. Looks like my driver is old. I'll think about updating. If I do and have issues I'll report back.
Top Bottom