Recent content by Aslund

1. A

Choosing new speakers

Our sofa is actualy at the back of the room, it is not part of the picture. But I have a tendency to move a bit around when I listen. It could be an idea, but the movement of the TV etc. would be a big hassel. I know no knowledge of proper setup of my speakers, but I chose the short wall so...
  2. A

Choosing new speakers

I have added some more picture to my lensdrop folder to better illustrate the living room and where the speakers are. I don't really have an alternative place to put the speakers. I might pull them more forward, but given how my house is designed it is going to look a bit ridiculous if I pull...
  3. A

Choosing new speakers

Hello everyone First of all a big thanks to everyone who shared their opinion regarding my quest on finding an all-in-one amplifier in https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-all-in-one-amplifier.24649/page-3#post-839986 The short recap is that I am interested in Lyngdorf...
  4. A

New All-in-one amplifier

Hey Quattr0. I hope you read this without immediately grapping your pitchfork and torch, but I don't hear a big different. And with my poor headphones the Room Perfect recording sounds quite nice.
  5. A

New All-in-one amplifier

Hey Digital Thor. Thank you for your input. I am sorry, but I do not see the double edged sword. Sounds to you that a better bass control only has upsides?
  6. A

New All-in-one amplifier

Thanks for the input RoA. It has been a little bit of a rollercoaster ride borrowing the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120. I really love it for its sound, separation and bass control. Luckily I was allowed to keep it until Tuesday, so I spend my Monday forgetting about comparing and just sitting down and...
  7. A

New All-in-one amplifier

You sadly hit the nail exactly where my problem is. I feel the bass is better with Lyngdorf. My problem is that it also make the sound a bit different from what I am used to. With my DacMagic+NAD setup the bass is more soft and integrated into the soundstage. With Lyngdorf I feel a better...
  8. A

New All-in-one amplifier

I agree on the point that the problem with room correction is the assumption of an optimal position while everyday life might change room and position. But I am also thinking that with room correction you will also improve off axis listening. I might be terrible incorrect.
  9. A

New All-in-one amplifier

Little update. I was advice to try out Lyngdorf TDAI-1120. I was very hesitant because of the low wattage compare to my current poweramp. 60W vs 125W, but that is at 8 Ohm. At 4 Ohm it is reduced to 120W vs 200W. I had 16 years ago a bad experience connecting a Thule IA60 to my speakers. They...
  10. A

New All-in-one amplifier

Hey Sitherion How was your experience between Evo 150 and Lyngdorf TDAI-1120? I am beginning to lean toward the TDAI-1120 due to two main things. First of all it is substantially cheaper. 25%. Second it has room correction with seems like an interesting feature.
  11. A

New All-in-one amplifier

Is it really that simple? I am no expert in hifi, quite the opposit. But I have seen diagrams with the impedance of a speaker vary with frequency, so can you really determine the need size just like that?
  12. A

New All-in-one amplifier

Hello everyone A big thanks for all your replies. How wonderful to see all the help. One problem I have is determining how big amplifier I need. I know my speakers, Dali 850, are very very hungry. When I look at the many alternatives like Naim or Lyngdorf then I am unsure they can keep up...
  13. A

New All-in-one amplifier

Hello everyone My name is Sebastian and I have an old system from my days as a student, which consists of and NAD 114 + 216 combo together with Dali 850 speakers. I have later added a Cambridge DacMagic for digital audio. With age comes comfort and while I am still happy about the sound of my...
Top Bottom