Recent content by artsky

1. A

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

I am using PM6007 with Polk R200 (mainly 2 channel audio). Would there be improvements if I upgrade to the cinema 50, or would I be wasting the processing and amplification of the cinema 50 by just using it for 2 channel audio?
  2. A

Tidal vs Qobuz in 2024?

I have both Qobuz and Tidal and I tend to listen to Tidal more by using the "Track Radio" or the Daily Discovery. Whenever I search for a song in Tidal, I usually find related songs using the track radio option. Lately I tried the Qobuz Android TV beta and it seems good but as of writing, it...
  3. A

My 3-month old Marantz PM6007 just wont work anymore

Hello, the unit was eventually replaced with a new one. The box was retained (hence a different serial #) but the unit is bnew. All good for now.
  4. A

Topping E30 II DAC Review

E30 having a refresh leads me to think that E50 might have a II soon (and my E50 is just 5 months old lol).
  5. A

I hope they would do so. I'm interested to know as well. The error code that the red LED is showing seems to indicate that the unit is in a thermal protect mode, but the amplifier isn't overheating or have just been powered-on which leads me to suspect that a temperature sensor module is defective.
  6. A

My servo-automatic voltage regulator has been delivered. Hopefully my Marantz will be back soon from repair. No word from them yet (3 days already).
  7. A

Relay-type automatic voltage regulator. I just ordered a servo-type voltage regulator to replace it.
  8. A

I have sent the unit back to dealership yesterday and they have confirmed the issue. The unit will then be sent to the service center today. Hopefully it will be back soon.
  9. A

Thanks for the suggestions, but I actually tried to power the unit on without anything connected and it behaved the same way. Then after a day, out of curiosity, I briefly powered it on today and it seems to be working, but since the dealer told me to bring the unit for servicing, I did not...
  10. A

Earlier, I was still listening to music, with the volume set between 9am and 10am then suddenly the unit went silent and the led is flashing a long red with 4 short blinks. Manual says this is a sign of overheating but the unit is in a ample ventilated location and the volume level is quite low...
  11. A

Marantz PM6007 inputs

I have a RPi4 and is using the RCA for output. My Marantz has network input and cd input (no AUX labelled input). Where do I best connect the RCA cable? Is there a difference between the network and cd inputs?
  12. A

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Mine doesn't have this issue, although the power on sequence in my case is rpi4 then power on e50 then power on soundbar. But I can recall powering on my soundbar first and there is no pop sound. How about using another RCA cable?
  13. A

RPi4 onboard audio performance/measurements?

I have thought about using the 3.5mm output before but I was thinking that those might be meant for earphone / headphone use. Not sure if those jacks are connected into something like an internal onboard amp thus it might not be compatible with my setup so I ditched the idea and just used a usb dac.
  14. A

Absolutely correct, and I'm letting go of my D10s soon.
  15. A

My E50 has just arrived and I'm still exploring the functions. The combination of orange and white display looks good to my eyes. Initial testing indicates that this sounds better than my D10s.
Top Bottom