Recent content by ARNiTECT

1. A

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

Thanks for link, I'd missed that the surrounds and backs are also swapped! I didn't notice this, as I typically downsample 7.1 to 5.1; I'll check and swap those channels too. Those 4 presets are valuable!
  2. A

I just noticed an issue using the Flex HT for both HDMI sources and a PC directly connected by 8 channel USB: the Centre and LFE channels are swapped on Windows USB output. Therefore, I downloaded 'Equalizer APO', applied it to the Flex HT only, selected the Flex HT device, added 'copy channels'...
  3. A

MiniDSP Flex HTx

If I instead +10dB in one of the following, would this have the same effect? Bass Management (speakers at 0dB, LFE at +10dB) Channel Routing (Bass mgnt +10dB) Output Channels (Sub gain +10dB)
  4. A

MiniDSP Flex HTx

This makes sense, rather than messing about with the gain on the back of the sub. Does mean rerunning Dirac measurements, though. Its on a different PC next to Hifi - will try this evening. This is interesting ...the sub is right next to the right speaker, so maybe only benefit from the left.
  5. A

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I think I have set my Flex HT up incorrectly with my 7.1 system. It sounds great; much clearer than my previous nanoAVR HD & DL combination, but I don't think my Bass Management is right. I used a preset with all processing disabled (no BM etc.) and ran the Dirac measurements, first equalising...
  6. A

I didn't make notes, but I'm pretty sure I did the following: - connect a cable from VAX01202 to LG G2's 'HDMI2-eARC' port (VAX01202 powered from TV USB) - plugged the LINDY 32115 in to the 'HDMI-audio-out' port of the VAX01202 (32115 powered from the VAX01202) - connect a cable from my CXUHD...
  7. A

I'm not sure this applies to your situation, but I am successfully using 2 of these EDID cloning emulators for 8ch bitstreaming. I first clone my CXUHD bluray player (used as surround decoder), by connecting the EDID emulator to the source device and then HDMI cable directly to my CXUHD for...
  8. A

I need to play about with EDID emulators too. For my eARC splitter (Ezcoo EZ-SP22H2EARCO), I leave the EDID on 4K7.1, but it is only connected to my processor output (a bluray player). My HDMI 2.1 splitter (EZ-SP12H28S) splits audio to my processor and video to my TV, I have its EDID set to...
  9. A

I use a Harmony remote, but wondering if the whole lot could be operated from just the TV or nvidia Shield remote using CEC. Flex HT comes out of standby when I switch on my CXUHD Power amps start with the trigger output from the Flex HT 2 fans start from the power amp's trigger output (I wired...
  10. A

This is actually a simplification of my previous setup! Flex HT replaces: miniDSP Dirac Live, miniDSP HD for routing & BM, 4x DACs, Meridian HD621 for HDMI to 8ch SPDIF.
  11. A

I am using the Ezcoo EZ-SP22H2EARCO, which converts 7.1 LPCM HDMI audio to 7.1 eARC, as required by the Flex HT. I have it connected to the HDMI audio out from my CXUHD bluray player, which processes bitstream audio from my nvidia Shield and PC to LPCM. I have the VAX01202 connected to the eARC...
  12. A

Mine starts with 100* ...had no time to play with it yet; the home theatre is in greater demand this time of year As the Flex HT's trigger will start up my poweramp; I've been trying to wire up a little relay triggered by the poweramp's output trigger to switch on fans and other switches/splitters
  13. A

I also did not catch this in the manual :/ The Feintech VAX04101 would take a nearly 2 weeks to get here (UK) and is about £170; so instead I have ordered an Ezcoo EZ-SP22H2EARCO, which seems to do the same thing for £100 and will arrive tomorrow. I also found a Nedis ACON3435AT as another...
  14. A

I recently bought a PROZOR LNKPW155uk (TPA3221) for about £70 to use with my surrounds, as it has a remote control. Not tried it yet. I have a Feintech VAX01202 to convert eARC from TV to the HDMI-IN of my CXUHD ...and just bought a second one to split audio & video (if I need it). My Flex HT...
  15. A

Indeed. If it sounds better with the tree, garland, candles, stockings, and mince pie on the hearth; maybe it stays year round.
Top Bottom