Recent content by Armand

1. A

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

While 2 Ohm bridged is possible it is nothing we can really recommend. The power output is the same bridged as in Stereo. Just for fun I made a measurement with 2 Ohm load today. About 500W with 0.0006% THD+N is the same as in stereo, so there is really no gain. Minimum is around 300W with...
  2. A

Vera Audio Class-D Amp Build Quality

He clearly states why it is not recommended, and not implemented correctly bridging will cause performance degradation. There are also error situations that must be handled correctly for this to work properly.
  3. A

The circuit in our Vera P150/600 is made so that it does in fact "sense the voltage differential that exists between the (now unused) OUT- terminals of the two 1ET400A Designs". That is why we can offer the bridging capability. We have of course tested this configuration and also...
  4. A

You cannot use the DAC directly to any amplifier if the DAC level is fixed. With your DAC's voltage level of 4,5V RMS and the lowest gain of 12dB (4x) the voltage on the amplifer will be 18V. That is as you say 80W into a 4 Ohms speaker. This is looooooud. Very very loud. Sound pressure increase...
  5. A

The gain settings on our amplifiers are fixed settings in 3dB steps. 12-15-18-21-24-27-30dB. Since the gain settings knobs are on the back this is not suitable for volume control. But with optimal gain settings the volume control in the DAC can normally be used. This is one of the really good...
  6. A

NC1200 can handle bigger currents but that's about it. For it was important to make the input buffer as good as possible. The NC1200 has integrated buffer without possibility to bypass without modifications so we will probably not use that one. The output power is already very high with the NC500
  7. A

Purifi model is due in a couple of weeks if everything goes according to plan. @cjfrbw: I pass on the rotten fish, but snuff and coffe is good stuff :) I dont know about thirty years. Norwegians may be introvert but we are changing. Slowly ;) Teaser: Stereo: 300W into 4 Ohms with 0.0006% THD+N...
  8. A

Review and Measurements of Nord One NC500 Amp

P400/1000 with active cooling yes. Below 27 degrees celcius ambient and less than 300W music power the fans are not running at all. After that they start at 500RPM. Yes, 500. That is actually less than 0dB SPL. Also note the aluminum cooling bar that cools the NC500 coils. Only Vera uses this...
  9. A

Review and Measurements of Nord One NC500 Amp

Vera Audio will release a new amp in february. Vera P150/600. Same size cabinet and basically the same as Vera P400/1000 but without the fans. https://www.vera-audio.com/product.php?product_id=1&fane=1 Very accurate gaincontrol in 3db steps (0,01dB channel accuracy on all steps). Custom buffer...
  10. A

Distortion Listening Test

My result. Active speakers with miniDSP 2x8 and UcD400 in a three way system. Pretty happy with the result considering. My tell was the click around when she sings "babe" in the beginning. I could not hear any anomaly at the end. Have they fixed the test? I don't beleive the -54 result. Pretty...
  11. A

I have done a google translate of the section with the sound experience and removed some of the silly translatoin errors and replaced them with somewhat more correct english. To sum it up, the review is very very good. We got a 10/10 score on price/performance and there was absolutely nothing...
  12. A

It depends on how this is implemented. We use the INA1620 operational amplifier with inbuilt 0,004% matched resistors.
  13. A

More measurements: THD+N 4 Ohm: 55.923V into 4 Ohm is 780W with 1% THD+N. About 650W with 0.006% THD+N A closer look at what happens above 500W. At 680W distortion starts to rise quickly. S/N Signal to Noise is 129,5dB with 670W 4 Ohm. SINAD 5W 4 Ohm THD+N Spectrum 5W 4 Ohm IMD 5W 4...
  14. A

Just finished two samples being sent for a subjective review in a Norwegian magazine tomorrow. THD+N bridged into 8 Ohm load. 1210W into 8 Ohm with only 0.004% THD+N. 10W is at 0.0004% THD+N Measured gain with gainsetting @ 21dB Gainmatching is well within limits. Both absolute (0.03dB...
  15. A

Here is a measurement of our amp intp 8 Ohms. The jump in measurements just above 1W is due to the measure instrument changing range introducing more noise. Following the linear path the minimum is probably around 0,0004% around 2W. This is with both channels driven into 8 Ohms loads.
Top Bottom