Recent content by arichman

1. A

Control your miniDSP Flex from your iPhone (new Homebridge plugin)

Thanks for this. I do fear somewhat my Flex, since in home theater mode it is at max volume, which could be a nasty surprise when I switch to two channel mode! So I'm motivated to get the volume preset correctly. I'm not familiar with Homekit, so I found it tough going. I did manage to get...
  2. A

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Equally, you could choose to keep your loutish impulses to yourself.
  3. A

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

Your response reminds of that from the Stephen Fry character to his underling in Absolute Power, "When I said, do it again, I meant do it better..."
  4. A

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

I'm looking to be talked down from my recently adopted luddite perch. I've read more of this thread than is probably good for me, and my takeaway is that these companies have nothing but contempt for their customers. Much greater transparency is needed, in both their materials and methods, which...
  5. A

PS Audio Ultimate Outlet Review

I have a PS Audio “Quintessence” Power Center which I held onto despite it’s vintage (2008?) because it looks like a million bucks and has a convenient set up for allocating different banks of outlets as switched or not. Once upon a time you could purchase a module that allowed the user to...
  6. A

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

I asked this question elsewhere, but this is the right forum. I have a Topping D70 DAC which I'm very happy with, but I'm using it in my main system which sits 10 feet away and I cannot read the volume setting. Am I right in thinking that the D30 Pro is the best measuring Topping DAC that has...
  7. A

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

I have a Topping D70 DAC which I'm very happy with, but I'm using it in my main system which sits 10 feet away and I cannot read the volume setting. Am I right in thinking that the D30 Pro is the best measuring Topping DAC that has the hi vis orange read out? I do need the multiple inputs and...
  8. A

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

Could someone who is feeling generous please expand on the remark in the review noting that if you avoid using the d70 as a fixed volume DAC that you can avoid the distortion "at the limit". This implies to me that in fixed volume or full output mode it is always operating "at the limit". If I...
Top Bottom