Recent content by AresHarvest

1. A

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Using the coax and optical inputs will show "00BIT" and that's normal behavior.
  2. A

New member - Interest in RME ADI-2

Buy one or the other, not both. Each is a DAC/amp combo, and I think you will find quickly diminishing returns when getting two.
  3. A

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

Looks like it's the companion headphone amp to the D50 and D50s.
  4. A

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Ah, that's my mistake. Was viewing on mobile and was accidentally looking at the current needed, not the power needed. So even with the AKG needing 161 mW to get to "very loud," which is 115 dB according to the calc, that's louder than pretty much anyone will want to listen. So I think you'll...
  5. A

I own (or have owned, in the case of the 7XX) and have used all those headphones with the Atom. With a DAC supplying 2 Vrms, it gets more than loud enough for any of those models. Keep in mind how loud 115 dB SPL really is. Also, there's something wrong with how you entered info into the...
  6. A

Audibility thresholds of amp and DAC measurements

John was, I believe, referring to distortion when listening to music. Two sine waves at 1.5 and 19 kHz isn't comparable, though. Masking plays a huge role when listening to the former, not so with the latter.
  7. A

I'm not gonna make a tube preamp joke, but I bet the sound through that thing is a bit.... Dryer than before.
  8. A

Topping D70 DAC

No bluetooth on the D70. There is BT on the D50s, if you can do without the balanced output.
  9. A

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I do use several pairs of IEMs, ranging from 15 to 45 ohms. This is why it's a concern of mine.
  10. A

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I've been searching for info about the new version. Can't seem to find much. Is the output impedance really 10 Ω? If true, that's strange because it's a step backward.
  11. A

Review and Measurements of Grace Design Balanced DAC

Unless there is a "pin 1 problem" http://pin1problem.com/
  12. A

I have two pairs of T50RP mk3. The first pair had significant rattle in on both sides, though one more intense than the other. If I recall it was excited the most somewhere in the 20-30 Hz range. Fixed by taking off the earpads and foam pad, then tightening the 4 screws (gently, to prevent...
  13. A

You certainly CAN do that. The balanced output functions as advertised even if your source is feeding the SE inputs.
  14. A

Not yet, apparently. If a competitor could match it blow-for-blow AND provide a 6.35 mm output instead of the 3.5, then... Having a passive monitor controller on hand is always nice. They're inexpensive and (usually) transparent, and we all like a big volume knob. That's what I use (NOS...
Top Bottom