Recent content by AresHarvest

1. A

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

@Nango why stop at a 50% discount? Make it a nice, round 95% :D
  2. A

Topping D70 DAC

Is there some documentation on this, and has anyone figured out the cause and/or solution? So far I've found mentions of it in this thread but I'm having difficulty finding anything definitive.
  3. A

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

On paper, they're very close to each other, with the Atom edging out the 789 just a hair in terms of SNR. I've got both these amps. In person and especially during use, you can see where that extra money goes - the 789 feels much nicer to use. The addition of balanced I/O which might be a...
  4. A

Review and Measurements of Acoustic Power APL1 DSP

Hey, just something I spotted: text says Response is down -1.6 dB at 20 kHz, but the image shows it to be -1.16 at 20 kHz (and -1.6 at 23.5 kHz)
  5. A

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I think we can calculate it by multiplying the stated max input voltage in high gain (2.1 V, according to the manual) by the gain factor in high gain (4.5x according to the product page). Giving us ~9.45 Vrms.
  6. A

Review and Measurements of Lake People G109-S Amp

I just bothered to read the donation info the other day, and I'll admit the fact that there are new quips every time is something that, as silly as it is, reminds me of the much greater time and effort involved in doing these reviews and measurements.
  7. A

At the low voltage the D10 pushes (and most other DACs too) I doubt it's something you need to worry about.
  8. A

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try. Since it's a laptop, they severely limit what you have access to in BIOS (can't undervolt through BIOS, for example) so I'll have a look and see if your solution is possible on my machine.
  9. A

Can you review a Synchro-Mesh S/PDIF re-clocker?

I am watching this thread with great interest. And popcorn.
  10. A

Review and Measurements of Monoprice Portable Amp and DAC with THX

I wish I had seen your comment earlier, Amir. I bought this direct from Monoprice last week, when they were doing a 20% off thing. Honestly I really like it. I bought an active optical splitter for $20, using it to feed the optical output of my TV to both my receiver and the DAC/amp. When I...
  11. A

Preview: Monolith by Monoprice Desktop THX Headphone Amp & DAC

Me too... But I ordered the portable version to replace my O2.
  12. A

Preview: Monolith by Monoprice Desktop THX Headphone Amp & DAC

No drivers for Windows 10? Only thing I can find is the aforementioned driver for Win 7/8.1
  13. A

That's a pretty good pun tho So it's not as simple as reassembling backwards. I was too optimistic.
  14. A

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can remove the screws on each side, swap them, and reassemble with the silkscreened labels oriented correctly, can't you?
  15. A

My go-to approach is something I like to call "SPL reconditioning." ... Its where I yell at the thing until it starts working.
Top Bottom