Recent content by Ardacer

1. Ardacer

20-20k "omni" IB active 5-way build. Relativelly affordable.

I've eq-ed the sub bass and did some more tests. This is the horisontal directivity plot. I'll do vertical later but it won't be very different. There isn't any data for 90+ cause there isn't 90+, it's a wall. This is the final EQed listening postition FR, all over the sofa - see...
  2. Ardacer

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Oh boy look at those numbers.. pricey
  3. Ardacer

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Fine, you do you. But have a look at this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/making-a-kef-ls50-clone.49601/ Also, the t/s parameters of a ls50 driver for example are known. You could get quite a higher quality coaxial for the same amount of cash as a new one. It's...
  4. Ardacer

Full Range OR Coaxial?

I meant used/replacement drivers from kef. But be careful with coaxials, of any kind. They like to die if you are not carefull.
  5. Ardacer

Full Range OR Coaxial?

Really? Like what :D No, seriously, like what
  6. Ardacer

Full Range OR Coaxial?

You might find KEF's drivers on ebay or other sites too.
  7. Ardacer

Diy speaker design tips/guide

I absolutely love rabbits, they are my favorite animals, just so fluffy and cute and everything :D. We have a cat and two dogs. I wanted a rabbit but I have no say in anything, as it should be.
  8. Ardacer

Electronic 4th order crossovers are good enough - maybe even better than digital - no delays for processing if you need low latency, and just as good in general. If you plan accordingly, you might need no room correction. This is one neat system and room in general, great job! No wonder your...
  9. Ardacer

Perhaps you are right... But I'd argue that my friend with that TAD, and many more folks I know of from meets, have 0 chance of success (and, more importantly perhaps, 0 will) operating ANY dsp. There is quite a bit of them (old farts :D). For literally anyone (usually younger) with any modern...
  10. Ardacer

I should have been more precise then, I thought it was self explanatory, apologies. - To use a computer to do more than browse the internet or write a mail. But even so, there are folks who can't use a pc anyway.
  11. Ardacer

First, thanks for reading it all! You must be the only person on the internet that did so. I really like multiamping and steep crossovers, I do it all the time. But a friend of mine has a TAD setup, one big baffle with a huge bass driver and a compression driver in a big horn, with a 2nd order...
  12. Ardacer

If we're considering regular stuff, overnight sensations.
  13. Ardacer

I'll update this post as I have time, with images and text. Whoever wishes to contribute in any way, please do. Most generally, there are 2 main ways one can go about this to achieve similar results - that is, good sound. 1) make everything from few components of really high quality 2)...
  14. Ardacer

3-4 way active project

4-way passive? Wow. I'm not willing to do a 3way passive due to 6 or so inductors I'd have to make. 4 way seems like a proper hell to do.
  15. Ardacer

3-4 way active project

For the mid, SB12MNRX2-25-4 or SB13PFC25-8 I used these drivers and can tell you they are real nice to work with. You should check to see the useable range due to thd and plan accordingly. Also, design the baffle with directivity in mind, it's best to put the tweeter in the most non...
Top Bottom