Recent content by aranido

1. A

Schiit Lokius Review (Equalizer)

Sometimes, I just need to make a small adjustment to a particular song while I'm working. Having an EQ with knobs is super convenient, because it's better than having to find Roon's DSP settings. I don't have perfect pitch, but I have a good ear for what sounds good to me. I usually know what...
  2. A

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Lagrimas Negras - Bebo Valdes (Vocals) & Diego el Cigala (Piano) https://open.qobuz.com/album/i4my33w1xwaya
  3. A

MusicScope: Vanessa Fernandez - I Want You (DSD512)

44.1 x 2 = 88.2kHz - DSD128 may be sufficient.
  4. A

MusicScope: Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5; Barber: Adagio

DXD. Pittsburg Symphony Orchestra / Manfred Honeck. Reference Recordings. 2017.
  5. A

MusicScope: Lorde - Pure Heroine

Purchased as 192kHz. 48kHz is sufficient.
  6. A

MusicScope: Carmen Gomes Inc - Ray!

In case you are interested in the DXD version. 88.2 kHz seems sufficient.
  7. A

How to get rid of a comb filter effect?

Hello, I'm not answering the question, but I realized that I do have the same setup (ADAM A7X over IsoAcoustics) and I do have space in my desk for absorption. My question is, Any recommendation for commercial "desk" panels?
  8. A

Shanling UA2 Aborted Review (DAC & Amp)

I ordered mine a few days ago. I hope you have a chance to review it later on. I was curious on how it would compare against the THX Onyx.
  9. A

Adam A5X Review (Powered Studio Monitor)

I have the A7X. Unfortunately I do hear hiss. I even purchased another pair to see if mine were broken and they also had hiss (I returned them).
  10. A

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

I got one this morning. I have now a Topping DX7s and Denafrips Ares II. I configured Ares II with oversampling and slow filter as suggested. Too early to say, but strings sound more natural to me (I play guitar). But there is a passage in the song "I Don't Want to Talk About It" from the album...
Top Bottom