Recent content by apgood

1. A

New product: Arvus H1-D

Just get a q-sys core 110 then you also have audio DSP and control.
  2. A

New surround processor: DANTE vs. Analog out

You can get 2nd hand MK1 or MK1.5 for a lot cheaper and then if it doesn't already have the AES3 32 digital channel output module you can buy it as an add-on.
  3. A

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

I think in most cases they want the dealer to be ok with you getting an account. I never had a dealer as I bought my unit 2nd hand so asked StormAudio directly and my request had to be reviewed. Same as when I asked to do the MK1.5 upgrade myself.
  4. A

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Why don't you just request an account via your installer / dealer to directly download the firmware from StormAudio site?
  5. A

Review and Measurements of QSC DCA2422 Amp

Yeah here in Australia 240V is single phase. I don't recall getting any pops on power on or off, but I have them connected to a Q-SYS core not directly to a preamp/processor
  6. A

Audibility of AVR's vs ASR's better reviewed equipment?

I think LP + Tube amp isn't about 100% faithful reproduction of the source. It is about adding something to the source that the listener finds pleasing and increases their engagement with what they ate listening to. In this respect you can't really compare it to sound reproduction which is more...
  7. A

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

I was referring to the official announcement from instagram someone posted (see below) not what the beta testers were doing. Im just saying because StormAudio has exclusive use of it until October doesn't prevent other manufacturers from doing their development now and then submitting it for...
  8. A

New Product: Arvus H2-4D Atmos Renderer, Simultaneous 16 channel AES/Balanced Analog/Dante Output

Use an old Q-Sys Core 250i or 500i. It can accept AES67 and you can either use their balance analogue output cards, AES3 digital in/out cards or use an AVB card to pass on to another device to do the DA conversion, but the audio chain starts to get more complex with multiple points of potential...
  9. A

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

JBL and others could already have done much of the work to integrate DL ART but they can't submit it to Dirac for certification yet. If I remember the announcement that someone posted over at AVS it implied that they could submit for certification in October which means they need to have done...
  10. A

New Product: Arvus H2-4D Atmos Renderer, Simultaneous 16 channel AES/Balanced Analog/Dante Output

Don't really need to go via TV. For the purpose and market it is designed the would most likely be a video processor (e.g. Lumagen) or a HDMI switch that does the switching/splitting between sources and directing it to video and audio end devices. Same sort thing happen in many higher end home...
  11. A

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

Yeah I heard the old HDMI board wasn't great. Luckily the current HDMI board is solid. No issues at all and the recently introduced HDMI matrix switching capability is great.
  12. A

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

As far as I'm aware there are only 2 processors that decode up to 24 Atmos channels (Trinnov & StormAudio) and Trinnov is only with up to 32 Channels of decoded 32 Atmos channels. For both they are flexible channel assignments to not like the other brands. For example, there is no limit to the...
  13. A

Three missing audio features in all of Todays Immersive audio AV processors/receivers

That is where the more expensive processors like StormAudio and Trinnov come in. With StormAudio for example their bass management system allows and speaker to receive sub or sub & LFE content, or you can create sub zones where certain speaker locations are directed to a specific sub. This...
  14. A

QSC Q-SYS for loudspeaker management

The core 8 flex and those newer cores are designed mainly for distributed audio applications. If you want something targeted more at recording, broadcast or cinema then look for a 2nd hand Q-Sys Core 250 or 500. They are discontinued so you can probably pick them up for about the same price as...
  15. A

Review and Measurements of QSC DCA2422 Amp

This is a 240V version of a 1222. It is a fairly old one as it has the old style QSC badge on the front. The board layout looks a bit different to your photo. In particular that bridge for 240V vs 120V seems to be missing is yours. If you know how to convert a 120V to 240V then I'd be...
Top Bottom