Recent content by Apesbrain

1. Apesbrain

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

Entertaining video, but I would not have guessed these speakers to cost over $14k. That's in the territory of the Bowers & Wilkins 804 D4 which is a substantially better made speaker:
  2. Apesbrain

Please, for the love of God - Help me. Revel Performa 3 M106.

Those should work well. The key thing about attaching speaker cables is to maintain the same orientation (red/black) for both left and right sides. Both the WiiM Amp and your Revel speakers are color-coded to make this foolproof. Enjoy!
  3. Apesbrain

Yes, you can see the two types at either end of the cables I linked. Your speakers appear to be able to accept either. Assuming the banana end fit into the WiiM amp, I'd connect the other end to speakers via spades. It will also work in the opposite orientation: spade end at the WiiM, bananas at...
  4. Apesbrain

Yes, it will. You may also need some speaker cable: https://www.amazon.com/KK-YB-ZB-Speaker-4-92ft-9-84ft/dp/B06XK3RLDS/
  5. Apesbrain

$100k speakers Meridian DSP8000 to $

It's a powered speaker with its own internal DAC circuits. You can attach a streamer to it via S/PDIF (coax, optical, or USB). You'd need a HDMI-to-S/PDIF adapter to connect an Apple TV. If your Arcam processor has S/PDIF out, it can connect that way to the Meridian. If your speaker has analog...
  6. Apesbrain

Windows/Mac as passthrough device for DLBC

Finding a PC with a digital input will be a challenge. Here's a PCI-E card that can do it: Creative SB1040 Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-E Sound Card
  7. Apesbrain

Is there any budget DAC for DSD1024?

To quickly fill up your hard drive! Each album is 4 GB.
  8. Apesbrain

What are we listening to right now..

♪ Playing Water & Wine by X from Alphabetland (2020)
  9. Apesbrain

Ethernet cable to buy / choose

Well, no reason to go to that extreme. But, yes, CAT5e would have been fine.
  10. Apesbrain

Is there any good, free remote controllable streaming software that runs on x86....

It seems the nature of these things that there is always "something I don't like" going on. That said, Daphile (LMS) is about as solid as it comes. The current issue with Daphile, though, is that it is stuck on an old version of LMS and shows no signs of being updated. What issues are you having?
  11. Apesbrain

Anybody with M-Audio Delta 1010lt card?

You can build a cable for less than $22? Your hourly rate is very reasonable!
  12. Apesbrain

Anybody with M-Audio Delta 1010lt card?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126365956902
  13. Apesbrain

Logitech Media Server etc...

True, but if running one of the "bridge" plugins (DLNA/Chromecast/AirPlay) LMS will support any compatible, battery-powered radio.
  14. Apesbrain

Bypassing Streamer (Wiim) DAC

We are here -- on ASR -- because even 16/44 deserves accurate reproduction. If a DAC can't even manage to pass 16 bits cleanly, it is to be avoided.
Top Bottom