Recent content by aoaaron

1. A

Perlisten Owners' Lounge - Discuss all things Perlisten.

If you've never owned a high-end subwoofer, I'd recommend you buy one subwoofer over two if budget is an issue unless your frequency response is not good in your desired position. I went from 2-4 Monolith 15 V2 to one D215S and surprisingly the D215S is really difficult to localise with an...
  2. A

Its your choice but I wouldn't touch JTR over Harbottle. I've seen JTR's with humming amps, amp failures, variances between units and the fit/finish is not great. The Harbottle is all made in-house with a custom, absolutely unique long throw driver which is respected even by the AVS DIY...
  3. A

Harbottle is way better than JTR. RS1=D215S.
  4. A

Then check out Harbottle too. They're a very viable alternative. They'll likely match the output of a JTR whilst having the nuance and control of a Perlisten. Cody there has a solution for most spaces. Ask him for a lightweight, high output, low distortion subwoofer which betters a JTR RS1 in...
  5. A

What country are you based? The RS1 would be the better choice but there is a new brand (well branch of a very established brand) which is likely releasing models very soon at this price range and fidelity which would be superior to JTR by a very decent margin. They go about things similarly to...
  6. A

Perlisten D215S vs JTR RS2

Its a fun idea. Honestly distortion isn't an issue on any of these subwoofers. The sound quality differences aren't down to THD although Perlisten do focus on this. They're both clean as a whistle and exhibit compression at similar levels. The Monolith is engineered to output big numbers on CEA...
  7. A

I'd be considering: Perlisten D215S, JTR RS1, JTR RS2, Harbottle C18 L1/L2, Harbottle C24 L1/L2, Funk Audio 18/21/24. The R212 (and D212) in your room won't hit reference even in a pair. The RS1s are superior to the R212s. They're the equivalent of a D215. I'd pick the D215 over the JTR if...
  8. A

Not really. I had 8x Monolith 15 V2s. They're great but they don't have the same fidelity of sound as the Perl D215S I have for demo at the moment. They also are ported so around port tune and below exhibit tonnes of unwanted noise. From my measurements of a D215S, the reduction of second...
  9. A

I mis-read your message. For output: 1x D215s = 2x D212S 1x D215S = 1x RS1 4x D212S = 2x RS2 So you'll need four D212s to match two RS2s, especially in lower frequency extension. I've attached my FR for my demo D215S. Its going back Tuesday for now. I'll need 4 of them to hit reference at 10hz...
  10. A

Similar to me. Really similar. I have 2x S5M, 1xS7C and 4x S4S (ebony). I have 2x Monolith 15V2s in my room for bass. I have had a demo of a D215S this week and it is incredible. The V2 sounds sloppy - almost too tactile and playing with the room. The D215S is gentle, delicate, pressurising -...
  11. A

Any UK owners or those interested in the D215S?
  12. A

Priority is films and pairing well with my Perlisten speakers. I don't know why I have gone down the sealed route as I've always owned ported. Probably because I wanted ULF extension with room gain. I've looked into these but they won't offer the same infrasonics as my Monoltih 15 V2s from my...
  13. A

Perlisten D215S vs JTR RS2 which would you guys go for?
  14. A

KEF R/Reference Meta vs Perlisten

I went for 2x s5m 1x s7c and 4x s4s Really happy with them
Top Bottom