Recent content by antikryst

1. A

FiiO FX15 - Measurements, Features and Opinions

tried it with acoustic/folk for guitars, some daft punk for dynamics and bass, and som adele for vocals/sibilance.
  2. A

Portable solution for iOS w/ PEQ and ability to drive DCA aeon noire and/or LCD-XC

topping G5. should be able to connect that to iOS... i use android. It also drives my Aeon Closed X properly which is similar to the Noire. Tried it with the XC. Handled it no problems.
  3. A

Recommend 3 Open Back Headphones To Audition

560 or 6XX. just get a small DAC/Amp after. those are hard to beat.
  4. A

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

i have the topping DX 3 pro+ and that works fine. Drop usually has a nice sale during black friday. But there are also some good sales that are unannounced. Just saw the DL200 and it seems like it has more power than my topping. If the specs are correct, then that should be fine. I also just...
  5. A

FiiO FX15 - Measurements, Features and Opinions

i actually tried this yesterday in store. really wanted to audition the 64 Audio U4s and Dunu SA6 MK2. Then I added the FX15 to the mix. With a total of 30 minutes switching between the 3 I liked the FX15 the most. The build quality was also stunning.
  6. A

Digital audio quality of modern Android Devices via USB-output from hi-res sources?

yeah never had problems with my oneplus 8 pro. that is why im asking samsung users :p
  7. A

Digital audio quality of modern Android Devices via USB-output from hi-res sources?

anyone having issues with a modern samsung phone + DAC exlusive mode? i initially thought it was a UAPP issue. ive tried other apps as well that has exclusive mode and sometimes music just stutters or cuts off. i have 2 samsung phones and it happens to both. (s23 ultra, a33 from 2022 i think)...
  8. A

Why the hate for Grado?

325X is no match for the clears yeah. i dont wanna go for the more expensive grados though since im sure they still are not comfy as they use the same headband design.
  9. A

Why the hate for Grado?

i also love my 325Xs. as much as my 6XX but less than my focal clears and hifiman HE500s.
  10. A

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

does anyone suddenly having issues with windows 11 suddenly not responding to volume control? this gets fixed by restarting windows audio services. Windows 11... topping G5 windows drivers from the website is what i am running. this just started happening maybe 2 weeks ago... so probably...
  11. A

DIY cable and adapter making. Looking for others.

really? i thought there was more to it that that. parts have been ordered by my cable maker. hopefully it turns out well. cant wait to get it.
  12. A

thats the goal. is just to make the adapter part smaller and thinner vs XLR. not sure if it will work though. might mess up something thats why im asking here if there are any watch outs that could be measurable objectively... so i can give the go or no go to the project.
  13. A

i asked a local cable builder to build headphone cables for me with quick disconnects like the ones hart audio sells but using LEMO connectors (not the real LEMO due to cost). is there a reason why these are not being used in audio in a quick disconnect adapter application? my first experience...
  14. A

i was also curious about that and almost got it. but i just got the topping instead so i have a portable option for full size cans.. i can just use my other dongles for my IEMs.
  15. A

ok so i got my G5. i can confirm it works on my 65W GAN PD charger. charges 7 watts on the USB C port (maxes out at 65w) and 7w on the USB A port of the same charger (maxes out at 15 i think). i cant get it to work on UAPP on my galaxy A33 though. just keeps pausing the song on USB. no issues...
Top Bottom