Recent content by animalwithin

1. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

@TunaBug Josh was the one who originally got back to me and he was very friendly. @rkbates Thank you for the tip on Mediainfo! @Chrispy Indeed I confess to being an upscaler. Much to my dismay it seems to be all for naught :facepalm:
  2. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

I contacted them a few days ago explaining the issue and requesting a refund. They got back to me wanting to know which tracks had the issue and at what time (which I provided to them). Awaiting to see what they say.
  3. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

@Sal1950 I have successfully played 24/96 before with no issues. I redownloaded the file and played it on my MacBook, my Windows PC, as well as my Sony DAP. I had the same result with all the trouble files, all in the same exact place in the track with the same issue.
  4. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

If you're talking about the HDTracks issue, I believe that specific purchase was 24/96 which is what was downloaded and I did nothing else with it. Many of the tracks were fine but several had that static issue.
  5. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

Correct. The consensus seems to be that converting into anything above CD standard specs (deemed as hi-res) is pointless.
  6. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

@Katji I definitely have a lot of learning to do about the technicalities of audio. Admittedly I jumped in without knowing anything, but a DAP, a high end pair of headphones, converted everything to "hi-res" FLAC and in the end I wasn't really blow away by anything, despite all the audiophile...
  7. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

Can't thank you all enough! You've answered a slew of questions I had without me even asking. I have learned substantially more from this thread than I anticipated, least of all to stay away from HDTracks :D
  8. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

So if we can generalize, one should just stay away from native MP3? Original source should be hi rez or CD?
  9. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

This is all very interesting. I was under the impression that in terms of sound quality, FLAC is almost always superior to MP3. So it would behoove me to get rid of all my FLAC files and go back to the original MP3? I think I'm trying to address discrepancies between audio files through means...
  10. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

So in terms of audio quality, there is no difference between MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc.? Is all that just more audiophile myth?
  11. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

@Seeker-Smith I'm still new to all this audiophile stuff so I'm probably doing things the hard way. I have a software that rips to WAV but I can get higher bit rate, sample rate, etc. using another software. @mansr The other music files I have that are downloaded are MP3 which I then converted...
  12. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

I will stick to ripping from CDs and then using a converter to go from MP3 to FLAC.
  13. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

Just with this download, although I've only ever downloaded twice from HDTracks. Re-downloading hasn't worked unfortunately, looks like I'll have to spring for a refund. To be a wise millennial in the 1800s, one can only dream :)
  14. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

Pardon my faux pas, certain scenes within certain acts within the larger composition (in this case it's Parsifal) are producing horrible static, rendering them unlistenable and all attempts to fix it have yielded no success.
  15. animalwithin

HDTracks issues

I downloaded an album composition of Wagner off of HDTracks and multiple songs within the album are full of really bad static. The song will start out fine but then suddenly the volume will drop and all I get is ear-shrieking static. I've now identified at least half a dozen songs within the...
Top Bottom