Recent content by Angstrom

1. A

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

I had to extrapolate 120 watts for the Monoprice and Drop THX amps. Need to measured since it could be If you could hit 1.5. -1.6 watts clean it would clean sweep from 32 Ohms to 600 ohms against THX based amps. Honestly, I have the evil 13 Ohm Headphone, your amp shows it is not current...
  2. A

I was thinking it was more linear in behavior post 50 Ohms
  3. A

600 would be close to 125 mW
  4. A

What surprises me on the Monoprice and Drop THX amp is how fast they fall in power aka if you graphed it from 32 ohms to 300 ohms and 600 Ohms. Like a steep negative S-curve, your change is much shallower as Ohm increase
  5. A

Tom have you measured at 16 Ohms and 120 Ohms loads what your power will be
  6. A

Exactly, HPA-1 is a fantastic deal and fantastic sounding amplifier.
  7. A

@tomchr I realized I dumped this the wrong forum, For the earlier Single-end vs XLR discussion, you had with the community, even inexpensive SPL amp has engineering trade-off for XLR support vs Single-ended. This is regarded as the benchmark solid-state amp for number of the headphone...
  8. A

I have been A/B with SPL Poinitor x with both Topping D90 and Qutest DAC. It holds its own. I which they had little wider number of closer to make easier to read the cart above ; )
  9. A

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

The HPA-1 is very nice amp.
  10. A

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I spent the day with it evaluating D90 on the SPL Phonitor x and Tom's TCA HPA-1 with the following headphones. Audeze LCD-4, Rosson Audio RAD-0, and Hifiman Ananda. D90 used XLR inputs on Phonitor x and HPA-1, but did try the RCA on Phonitor x as well. It is a very nice DAC, AKM step...
  11. A

@tomchr Running the Topping D90 into the XLRs inputs and Chord Qutest into RCA Have work to get these two volume matched. Default Topping D90 is running not as hot signal wise as the Cord at 2 Volts. Both are good DACs
  12. A

@tomchr I want to let you know It sounds fantastic with LCD-4, RAD-0, Ananda, ELEX, HD-6XX, and Dan Clark Aeon Flow Open. There are no problems driving the LCD-4. nor Aeon Flow Open's
  13. A

Serious question-How do you deal with people thinking a DAC has a SOUND SIGNATURE?

This thread is funny when you think about. yes, there will be subtle measured difference otherwise Amir would not be measuring for artifacts that also can be heard. I have seen way too many decapitated Pink Panthers in the review I hope worst offender do not sound like Topping D90 or the...
Top Bottom