Recent content by andrewskaterrr

1. andrewskaterrr

MT-ViKI MT-431AV 4 Way Switch Review

If you want the best plug n play picture quality, get a RetroTink. I did a lot of research and they are the only ones that are completely PnP, and get you 90-100% of the absolute best quality you can get on the market. The new RetroTink 4K is crazy. I have the 5X-Pro and love it.
  2. andrewskaterrr

Onkyo TX-NR7100 as 2.1 amp - good idea?

So far I've only played Pacific Rim's first fight scene, but I haven't run Dirac yet. I just set crossovers at 80hz and slight level adjustment. It's in my cheap bedroom setup with Jamo S 809, 801, C81, 810 sub that I rarely used due to the Marantz SR5010 not having XT32 to tame the insane...
  3. andrewskaterrr

Just a heads up, I spoke with Amir and I am planning on sending in my Onkyo TX-NR7100 for him to review soon. I'm just making sure there's no manufacture defects at the moment before my 30 day return period goes up.
  4. andrewskaterrr

I received mine for $550 the other day. 100% the best deal due to Dirac coming with it at this price point. I don't need the Preouts for my purpose. I plan to test it against my JBL SDP-55 which also has Dirac. I want to have a friend use my speaker/AVR selector switch and have me do a blind...
  5. andrewskaterrr

Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Stage Review (Updated)

I was debating the same thing originally, and here's what it came down to. The SINAD is beyond what vinyl can do, so that doesn't really matter. The frequency response of the Duo is the best, and you should want a bass roll off to prevent feedback into your cartridge. For me it was between the...
  6. andrewskaterrr

JBL Studio 590 Speaker Review

Based off ASR reviews, I would imagine the M16 are better than the 530s, and I'd say the 590 vs F35/6 would lean towards the Revels. I've been tempted to buy the M16s to try out, but decided against spending more money for now lol.
  7. andrewskaterrr

literally laying on it's side under the tv lol. It's ugly but it works well enough. It's offset to the side to that the tweeter is closer to the middle.
  8. andrewskaterrr

IMO they get a better as they get bigger. I kept upgrading and have ended up with 590s as LCR, Wides, Surrounds, and 580s as Rear Surrounds only due to space limitations causing them to sit on top of my 2 rear subs. If you can fit the 590 I’d go for it. They’re cheap, but they’re BIG.
  9. andrewskaterrr

I own the the 520c, 530, 570, 580, 590. I tested the 530s and 590s next to each other. The 590 sounds better all around, even though the treble is slightly boosted more. I use the 530s as my pc desktop monitors.
  10. andrewskaterrr

it's not perfect, but I use a 590 on it's side. It's MUCH better than a 520c or 570 on it's side (tried it).
  11. andrewskaterrr

Cambridge Audio Duo Phono Stage Review (Updated)

No room to put it in another room, and that would be awkward. Also I rarely play vinyl and it’s only for fun. If I want serious music playback I’ll play digital. I haven’t had any rumble issues though so that’s good.
  12. andrewskaterrr

because it looks stupid without it, and symmetry. Why would you want the bottom of your horn to look different than the other 3 sides? Makes literally no sense.
  13. andrewskaterrr

I like their look it's aggressive. It's different than all the other standard boring rectangle boxes companies make.
  14. andrewskaterrr

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-4 question/help

**FIXED** Ok I think I found the issue. This was my last shot at trying to fix it. I started cleaning off the flux between solder joints just to be safe, but also cleaned off the extra solder from where I removed the power lines from the Amp board. I think the extra solder that was covering...
  15. andrewskaterrr

Muffsy Phono Preamp PP-4 question/help

Well new op-amps didn't fix it. I noticed that If I bring a spare wire close to the Left Input, it will get some ground hum increasing. I tried soldering that wire again and no joy. I tried holding up 2 spare wires to connect all 4 grounds, but no joy, they still all are connected anyways...
Top Bottom