Recent content by Andretti60

1. Andretti60

Food: didn't know Italians were so picky about their carbonara!

Please don’t give up. Like in any country in the word, dishes that are prepared to be served in a restaurant require a lot of work, but for a family dish during week days, a 10 minute job (the time to cook good dry pasta) is enough. And you can follow very simple recipes (like Italian aglio e...
  2. Andretti60

Ciao Macerata, Actually this thread is indeed serious. Maybe we add some humor just to light it up a little.
  3. Andretti60

Do Audio Speakers Break-in?

As a non-native English speaker, I am taking that as a compliment
  4. Andretti60

I saw two links of yours. The first is a video of Paul from PSAudio who replies to questions from (not so how much valid) email, he makes those videos for fun, in a goofy way, adding small talk about cats and dogs, and then expressing “his” personal ideas with no objective scientific proof...
  5. Andretti60

Look for De Cecco, it is a very good Italian dry pasta, away much better than Barilla, that is my everyday pasta. For gourmet pasta I suggest Rustichella di Abruzzo, more expensive but worth the money, I use it for special events (that includes plain weekends)
  6. Andretti60

Yamaha A-S501 or IOTAVX SA3? or what...? haha!

Your listening room is not that big, have you considered the smaller brother of the S501, the S301? Sound quality is the same, it has just less power. It is the one I have and it has plenty of power to drive two Dali speakers, and my living room is bigger than yours. It is 200US$ cheaper.
  7. Andretti60

There is only one problem with that: Italians don’t like “rules”. Traffic lights and road lanes for example are only “suggestions”. Like in any country, in Italy you find the whole spectrum of restaurants, from the gourmet to the crapshoot. To make good and complicated dishes takes time (for...
  8. Andretti60

Using those sweet phones with your soundbar/home theater setup

How far are you from the bedrooms? The sound from open headphones doesn’t travel that far.
  9. Andretti60

Bold answer, but you don’t show any proof. Whoever claim the breakin is real just say “it sounds better” but that is a personal opinion. I personally have owned dozen of speakers/headphones in my life, I never saw any magical change after either 20 hours or 200 hours (that is my earlier...
  10. Andretti60

And why do you think it was not a “honest” question. You claim that speakers sound changes after a period of time, so I repeat the question: why always for the better.
  11. Andretti60

Big OMG no! First of all, the guanciale must be cooked in its own fat, please do not add olive oil, and the garlic is a NO NO (I really don’t understand why everyone thinks that Italian recipe must always have garlic and onion). That means that the guanciale must be cooked on a stove set on low...
  12. Andretti60

I asked a very simple question, you did not answer (do you have an answer) and decided to patronize me. Please do not call me “son”. PS what does “cheap internet points” mean.
  13. Andretti60

If “burn-in” changes the parameters of a component, how come does it always do for the better? I never heard anyone complaining that after 201 hours, 32 minutes and 52 seconds of burn-in a speaker was sounding bad.
  14. Andretti60

Thoughts on Downsizing and Convenience

Personally I never found a ‘bar that performs well with music, they are made for movies.
  15. Andretti60

Movies you like but others not !!!

For me it is much easier to name a movie that everyone like and I just hate (I would say loathe): Matrix (the first one, the others are even worse)
Top Bottom