Recent content by AndreaT

1. A

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Fantastic review! Thank you Amir. The choice is for me now between the 206 and the 208. They get the job done as reported by Amir: “By then, I could barely hear my wife trying to tell me something.” Priceless!
  2. A

Down4Sound JP95 Car Amplifier Review

It is surprisingly high: most cars at 70 mph read between low 60 to 75 dB, not counting the noise from the traffic around you
  3. A

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

So so results. The low continuous power at 4 ohm (compared to the 8 ohm power) usually points to a lack of current from the toroidal transformer. Considering the price, and the much better measuring offers from Buckeye Amplifiers, it is a pass in my book.
  4. A

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

Yes…and no. My musical evolution might (and probably does) benefit from excellent equipment. When I move from a 1960s recording of poor quality (say Ornella Vanoni’s Senza Fine) to a high quality recording of Mahler’s Third (SFSO Micheal Tiilson Thomas), I rely on my existing equipment to go...
  5. A

How good is bad? (Raspberry Pi 4B headphone output DAC review)

Among the worst measurement all around. Since time left on Earth for each of us is a finite quantity, do not waste it any further to such trashy music maker. Gladly, we are way past the music cassette and the sapphire piezoelectric pick-up needles.
  6. A

Bricasti M1SE Stereo DAC Review

Thank you Amir for helping us decide the worthiness of audio equipment. It seems overpriced. It is a pass in my book.
  7. A

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I own a Yamaha A-S301. I used it for a few month years ago, and then moved to class D amps (in part, thanks to ASR). Since then it has been sitting on a shelf, to the chagrin of my wife. It never gave me the same involving experience when listening to Classical Music from CDs and FLAC files...
  8. A

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Do not waste your money (and time) on this crappy streamer. Thank you Amir for another splendid review and for your honesty to call a spade a spade. Specialized magazines probably could not find enough superlative for this failed product.
  9. A

Lehmannaudio Decade Phono Stage Review

And yet more acolytes of an old source, the LP, with orders of magnitude lower Sinad. No reasons to have a poorly optimized headroom for both MM and MC and a wrong design of the rumble filter. Thank you Amir for an impeccable review. I am so happy with FLAC files from my red book CD collection...
  10. A

JBL Conceal C62 Invisible Speaker Review

Invisible to the eye & wall mounted seems to be a major constraint for speaker design and sonic results. I am soooo glad my wife does not know these type of speakers exist as she would force them on me, like broccoli and mangoes.
  11. A

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

Nice review! As someone who enjoys daily a 2.2 system with a pair of old Paradigm Studio 100 v.3, I agree: tower speakers are throwing a larger soundstage. I wonder if these Polks are missing a midrange, as it would have made the woofers’ job easier.
  12. A

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Reporting on Nilai 500 stereo. Almost one year after my piecing together the amp (27 Apr 2023), it has worked flawlessly with no troubles. Great product at a reasonable price.
  13. A

ProAc tabblete eight signiture in desktop system

As an ex-ProAc acolyte (Studio 100, Response 2s and Tablette Anniversary) I can tell you you pay more for a fair to good quality sound. Some models (Studio 100) degrade the woofer surrounds after about 15 years. The midrange (vocals) sounds very pleasant.
  14. A

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Your statement goes against at least a century of experience in Medicine. It shows profound disregard for accumulated data, studies of efficacy of interventions and long term follow up of patients. I suggest you to avoid writing about what you do not remotely understand. This forum is not Facebook.
  15. A

I measured 10 subwoofers.

As a consequence of your detailed test of these 10+1 SW, I have purchased one from Arendel, the 1729 1V, because I need balanced connectors for the source (Okto DAC8 Stereo). It will take at least another month to receive the 1729 1V. Thank you for a detailed and impeccable test.
Top Bottom