Recent content by Entropy

1. Entropy

Schiit Gjallarhorn objective review

On paper, I have to say yes, looks like a bad deal, poorly priced for the performance, whatever. (On the other side of the coin, the topping Pa5 seemed like a good-to-great option..) From personal experience, it's great. Not for everybody sure, but the concerns brought up here haven't...
  2. Entropy

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

That's apos for ya. I fought them for months to get a $300 in store credit on my $350 Pa5 after waiting months for a replacement. But to be fair, if topping (who also claimed a two-year warranty) recomp'd Apos, there probably wouldn't be nearly as many issues.
  3. Entropy

Help with Yamaha A-S series amplifier failure (A-S801)

@GXAlan @restorer-john Opened up the unit and took some photos if it helps at all. Let me know if there's another angle you'd want. There's a decent amount of dust and fuzz on the components, but I don't think I can see any evidence of water damage...
  4. Entropy

Spilled water on the front right side of the unit, near the pot, tone controls, and power amp section. No idea how it would have taken months to manifest an issue, though. My area is relatively high humidity (73% avg. annual) Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't have one handy. Going to...
  5. Entropy

Exact same on B. My headphones- Anandas- have a moderately low impedance of 25 ohms but are also incredibly sensitive, something like 103 dBmW
  6. Entropy

Has anybody heard of Yamaha A-S series failing? My A-S801 has a strong left-leaning channel imbalance and is sounding quite thin. Servo protection circuitry kicked in at a relatively low level compared to what the amp should be capable of during demanding dynamic swings. I haven't changed...
  7. Entropy

Schiit Modius E DAC Review

Not really imo, none of the improvements should be audible. E.g, If you were shopping for a new car, would you care that a Carolla does 117mph and a Civic does 137? They both have pros and cons... The do100 has a display of questionable efficacy, Bluetooth, and a pot+remote control, but the...
  8. Entropy

Apos customer service?

Hm. The saga continues. After I used my $300 in-store credit to order the moondrop blessing 2s, I waited a few weeks and was slated to have my package delivered by USPS (Ie. par for the course). I then received a notice that USPS was returning the package to the sender due to a fault on my end...
  9. Entropy

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

Eh... maybe not. Actually, probably not. I believe jot1 measures perfectly fine, it should be rather difficult to tell the difference.
  10. Entropy

Difference between, and which is better for a power Amplifier: TPA 3255, Infineon MA5332MS, Infineon MA 12070

On the contrary, why would TI replace a successful product that they produce at scale? I know with consumer electronics as a reference point, 7 years may seem like a lot of time, but honestly, most audio tech has been pretty good for... a long time, and things like amplifier chips don't see...
  11. Entropy

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

I'd imagine many owners of the l30 mk1 and practically all for the Pa5
  12. Entropy

Hasn't the a90 been discontinued since the launch of the a90D?
  13. Entropy

Ah, but then there's the SMSL c200 for 60% of the price of the ex5... and then the topping dx1 for less than 50% of the c200 :p My theory Is that they knew this product was coming when they were developing the a90D, so they intentionally made it discrete to make the comparison more...
  14. Entropy

Extreme Snake Oil

If you're talking about mine, It's AC in, AC out
  15. Entropy

Extreme Snake Oil

Oh god, This thread is intense. Here's my contribution, a "passive power conditioner" (HB Cable Design PowerSlave) that you can purchase for the low, low price of 16.5k USD. "• Extreme build quality • Unlimited dynamics • High resolution with decay and micro detail • Creates a new standard in...
Top Bottom