Recent content by alto

1. alto

WiiM Pro Streamer

I got my WiiM Pro from amazon.de last week and couldn't be happier. I set it up on wifi and have ran Spotify Connect and UPnP through it, the latter using the Symfonium app on Android. This is an excellent setup as I host a Navidrome music server on my LAN which exposes a subsonic API, which...
  2. alto

RPi4 + Pi2AES alternative or off the shelf unit?

This is really good to know, I hadn't seen any other reports on Spotify Connect issues with Volumio before you mentioned it. I'm pretty set on getting the Wiim Pro as soon as it arrives in stock, seems to be completely unavailable in Europe at the moment.
  3. alto

What is your main OS (operating system) at home?

Not really, Manjaro is quite widely known for having the mission statement of being a stable fork of Arch and failing at it spectacularly. The Manjaro team have managed to push out broken packages on numerous occasions which is in direct contradiction with what the purpose of Manjaro was - to...
  4. alto

No, the point is largely to be able to listen to music without having to boot up the htpc and projector. Would work from a purely technical standpoint though. I'm pretty much set on getting the Wiim Pro for now and running it through my Marantz receivers DAC. The DAC is probably not that great...
  5. alto

Which speakers gave you the *wow* factor?

Ino Audio piP, unbelievably competent speaker for it's size.
  6. alto

What is your main OS (operating system) at home?

I run Arch Linux as my main OS and I have Windows 10 on dual boot for the occasional gaming session. I also have a server and a few Raspberry Pis, they all run Rocky Linux.
  7. alto

Have you tried Volumio or moOde? I'm curious about how the Wiim software compares to those, as I will be using at least Spotify Connect in addition to UPnP.
  8. alto

I'm not sure I agree that the m1t is worth 1000 euros either, when comparing to the RPi + Pi2AES offering. That's still about 2x the price for what benefit? And 5x the price of the Wiim Pro.
  9. alto

I'm looking to set up a streamer in my living room in the not-so-distant future and have been looking into my options. The setup in the room hosts a Marantz NR1605 which powers my speakers and takes input from a HTPC and record player today. The streamer would most likely connect to the NR1605...
  10. alto

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

I'm looking at getting a power supply with a barrel connector to make an adapter that will connect to the GPIO pins. Do I need a linear power supply for this application, or can I get switching one and it'll be fine?
  11. alto

I will give it a go then and see how it goes. Rocky Linux is the successor of CentOS which in turn is a community version of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). How is the resource consumption on the RPi when running CamillaDSP and actively EQ'ing audio? Is there a lot of margin left for running...
  12. alto

Has anyone set this up with Rocky Linux instead of Ubuntu Server? I'm not against Ubuntu Server, but I do have a bunch of other devices running Rocky already in a cluster setup which allow me to install security patches centrally on all of them since they all have the same package manager. I was...
  13. alto

Hardware Parametric EQ like APO

What did you use in order to power the RPi from the pin header? Also the sample rate thing when running as a gadget, how is that solved, do you restart the systemd service based on sample rate changes?
  14. alto

That seems very reasonable. Since you're here I might as well ask regarding the RPi CamillaDSP in gadget mode, is it mandatory to have the data/power splitter as mentioned by DeLub in his thread? I.e. this one https://thepihut.com/products/usb-c-data-power-splitter Also, since I take it you're...
  15. alto

Does CamillaDSP introduce any noticeable latency when it's chained as a RPi USB gadget?
Top Bottom