Recent content by Alt-Wrong

1. Alt-Wrong

Behringer MODs DCX Upgrade Review

very cool idea for a review, Amir. thank you. i wonder if a power supply swap to a linear type would help some. i use a SRC2496 to nice effect (which uses a linear), taking its dig. xlr out to feed the dig. xlr in on my Lavry DA11. the 2496 becomes the digital input selector, which I then decide...
  2. Alt-Wrong

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

hi bear- i can only find info on UBP-x1000es, is that what you have? i don’t know if DSEE is doing anything other than upsampling x2, but by going thru the haecoax everything gets padded up to 24-bit (that wasn’t before), which could help the the topping perform a little better. that topping is...
  3. Alt-Wrong

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

hi srkbear- i’ve been using a kanex haecoax with my bdp-103 and apple tv3 since jan.‘17, mostly for movie watching. and feeding either an auralic vega or lavry da11 from its coax out. it’s a solid little unit, and with >5yrs of almost daily use, pretty reliable. in 5.1 mode, and...
  4. Alt-Wrong

Need advice for upgrading current DAC.

hi T.- if i may, what did you end up doing re: your lavry? just dusted off my old da11, that’d been superseded by an auralic vega for quite awhile now. i’ve kinda fallen back in love a bit, especially driving these Alessandro ms2 headphones, and being fed by an Audiophilleo2 w/purepower via rca...
  5. Alt-Wrong

Look Inside JBL Studio 580

hi mediazone- there appear to be at least three variants of the 2414- JBL 2414H HF Driver 1" High Frequency Screw-On Compression Driver Size: 1", 25mm Power Rating: 35W AES Frequency Response: 1.9k-20kHz Sensitivity: 98db Impedance: 8 ohms Voice Coil: 1.0" Recommended Crossover Frequency...
  6. Alt-Wrong

Dual DA10004D Review (Car Amplifier)

thanks for the dual info. haven’t heard their name for years. my last turntable was a dual cs741q (w/ the ol’ shure v15mr cart.), and recorded from with a revox b77, sometimes using a dbx222 in between. AKA, the old days/technology. cheers
  7. Alt-Wrong

The kit we bought, our current setups

pics of the current set-up, described in this post: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-kit-we-bought-our-current-setups.564/page-12#post-311711 from the previous page
  8. Alt-Wrong

Technics at Purité Audio

a link to stereophile’s sb-c700 measurements... https://www.stereophile.com/content/technics-premium-class-sb-c700-loudspeaker-measurements JA’s final words there, “The Technics SB-C700's measured performance reveals some excellent audio engineering from an unexpected source. I am not surprised...
  9. Alt-Wrong

thanks for the welcome, OG. the maggies, combined with those 18” sealed subs, should have absolutely no problem whatsoever reproducing “scale”. i was just looking at stereophile’s mg-20 review earlier in the day... https://www.stereophile.com/content/magnepan-mg-20-loudspeaker ...and thought...
  10. Alt-Wrong

Review and Measurements of Auralic Vega DAC

sorry to hear about your issues with the vega, Daverz. i’ve had my vega about as long as yours, and here’s its info: hw vers: 1.3 sw vers: 1.9 s/n: 5407 run: 22286hrs the only time i have issues with exact clock mode is with long runs of usb, which exact mode needs time to settle into, after...
  11. Alt-Wrong

warm greetings everyone- became a lurking member here months ago, but only recently began posting (this is my 2nd). it’s so nice to have a forum where objectivity and analysis is at the core. been getting my hands dirty in hi-fi since my high school days back in the 70s. started with a yamaha...
  12. Alt-Wrong

Revolution! Gradient Revolutions!

hi keith- have the active rev's arrived yet? i'm finally getting my helsinki's dialed in, and this dipole bass is pretty tight, articulate, and when need be, rather slammin'. it not only does the usual suspects of up-right and electric bass justice, but kaiju mayhem, e.g., godzilla (2014), as...
Top Bottom