Recent content by alont

1. alont

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

Congrats! Also don't forget to get some proper room correction implemented if you haven't already. Dirac Live ART with Storm Audio or Trinnov + Waveforming if you want the very best to match your new SOTA speakers
  2. alont

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

If you still need to push it in, it wasn't fixed. And what if it gets loose after playing music for a while? I just don't understand why can't they design one that is fastened in there securely. This isn't a problem in any of their other high end/performance offerings so clearly it can be done...
  3. alont

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

The shadow flare is the one big issue I have with the R series. I was hopeful it would be resolved with the meta refresh but alas it seems like that's not the case. Thanks for the measurements!
  4. alont

Capital Audio Festival 2023 - Nov 10-12

I have another 70 pictures I took today and some of them have pretty cool gear. Should I upload just the top 20, or share a Google photos album?
  5. alont

Capital Audio Festival 2023 - Nov 10-12

Hey, I'll be there either today or tomorrow - still undecided. Also looking forward to checking out the philharmonic audio room!
  6. alont

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

@TimoJ how does one become a beta tester for the htp-1? I would love to help monoprice with improving their implementation of ART before it's released
  7. alont

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

Based on my understanding of how ART works, the "cancellation signal" output level is typically significantly lower in magnitude compared to the "original signal" output level. Noise levels in adjacent spaces would probably be very similar. Compared to traditional Dirac Live, though - I would...
  8. alont

Some KEF R3 Meta measurements with REW - what can be improved

Either that or a room mode. If you take multiple room measurements across the room and that dip remains fairly consistent, it's likely SBIR. If it drastically changes, it's a room mode.
  9. alont

They could help if the emitting driver is fairly close to a boundary, otherwise they would have to be quite thick. Good 2" thick panels would only be able to absorb about 60% of the energy at 200 Hz, and basically no energy under 100 Hz.
  10. alont

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

C'mon, you shouldn't dismiss what I said without anything concrete backing it up. I know they are legendary and were SOTA when they were released, but what makes them objectively preferable to the other options I mentioned? One thing I can think of is how loud and clean they can play given...
  11. alont

Understanding Speaker Boundary Interference Response (SBIR) is key for optimal speaker placement. When speakers are situated near room boundaries, reflected sound waves can interfere with the direct sound, which may either amplify or diminish certain frequencies. For your speaker, which starts...
  12. alont

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

Even at this reduced price point, there are other compelling options worth considering such as the dutch and dutch 8c, perlisten r7t or KEF R11 Meta + great subs. Each has its own pros and cons but they're all excellent options IMO.
  13. alont

Pacific Audio Fest 2023

I'm happy to meet earlier - just finished going through all the room and now taking a belated lunch break. I'll be back in the lobby area around 4. Wearing a red Hawaiian shirt today with blue jeans
Top Bottom