Recent content by AllDigital

1. A

The kit we bought, our current setups

Hi all! Very nice thread this one, some of the setups are amazing. I decided to post my gear too: Current Setup: WiiM mini https://wiimhome.com/Overview.html https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/wiim-mini-review-streamer.33099/ Topping D50S...
  2. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Superior is a very strond assessment. I moved from Tidal through Chromecast (Mobile phone as a streamer) to my Topping D50s to Tidal through Tidal connect (WiiM mini) to my Topping D50s. I cannot say that I can hear a difference, I can see that with the right source the DAC now displays the new...
  3. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

At least in my case it is working correctly using SPDIF, streaming local 192kHz files and it switches fine to 44.1kHz when it should. So far, so good. The absolute best I could find for 90€. AD.
  4. A

HiRes Non-MQA from Tidal on WiiM Mini

Dear Jmudrick, I see in your s/c that your tidal app UI displays the bitrate. Mine does not. I have a HiFi subscription, not Masters. I have looked everywhere in the configuration, both on the Android and PC applications, I have googled it and found nothing. Do you know how to get the bitrate...
  5. A

WiiM Mini Streamer

Is it not there yet?
  6. A

And how does that work? Does The WiiM support Audirvana natively? My setup will be not to use the WiiM App on a daily basis, but the Tidal App on the Mobile/Tablet/PC.
  7. A

That would not solve the issue since the Android App has the same problem as the PC/OSX Apps, you cannot control it remotely or "Tidal Connect" to them. In my current setup I have "fixed" this using an Android phone and an App that makes it Chrome-casteable... So from my Tidal app (anywhere) it...
  8. A

This is exactly what I found, that you cannot "Tidal Connect" to the App in the PC. However, if you could, the PC would be a substitute for the Streamer. I doubt it would be a problem to stream to the DAC since the connection would be SPDIF from the PC to the DAC. I have quite a good mini PC...
  9. A

Would using a PC with the Tidal App as a streamer be an option? For instance, Use the Tidal App in a mobile phone and then using Tidal Connect to send the stream to a running Tidal application on a windows or OSX. I have been trying to work this setup up but it does not seem to work. Any ideas?
  10. A

Modern streamer pre-amp help

I like your setup too just from reading about it! I doubt I will have any problems setting up a pi. However I am super happy with Tidal and we all use it home so anything that I can use Tidal with would be nice. In fact, I am now preferring Chromecast simply because (Not being really open) it...
  11. A

You are not the first one that tells me bad (or at least not so good) things about HEOS... Is this more or less general consensus?
  12. A

Thanks very much. The options I have for streaming are Tidal connect or Chromecast (or a dedicated app like HEOS, BlueOS, MusicCast or SONOS, that integrates with Tidal). I am interested in the Raspberry if it supports any of the two! You seem to know these well.
  13. A

The amp is a power amp. It has manual gain adjustment but not a volume knob. I would expect the volume to be controlled by the pre-amp... The Node. But I am unsure.
  14. A

Well, I think you got my point. I also doubt I will hear a difference. One question... When we setup a dac connected to the Streamer (let´s say it is the node), What happens with the Pre-Amp function of the Node? So, Streamer --> DAC --> AMP (Bluesound Node --> DAC --> AMP). Where is the...
Top Bottom