Recent content by Allank

1. A

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

noticeable to my hearing, - the overall flatter response. The lower distortion is marginal... If I push the listening level beyond 85dba (where I would expect to notice a difference) then due to the room itself.. some things in the room start reacting more and hence increase the distortion...
  2. A

Here's a pic of the store.... Yes, I've used it in the studio for a month now and there's a noticeable difference. Room measurements show a flatter response in the upper mids and lower distortion but very marginal
  3. A

Because these are half price of the mk3 and from my understanding of the review are the only one with 7v output. That puts them at near 18dbU so usable for an analog mastering chain
  4. A

Literally the SMSL store on Ali Express...
  5. A

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

Well I ended up getting one from SMSL directly - they were happy to show me the testing results on video with the serial number of the unit they were sending me..... FWIW that is really good service in the end of this story.. They have a few units left, and if you don't need wifi, and are...
  6. A

Well I just got one from SMSL directly on Ali Express - they have few units left... (the high voltage output was of particular interest to me, if it ends up being used as the DAC for an Analog mastering chain. For the moment it will be my monitoring DAC). They were happy to test the unit had...
  7. A

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

It's a $300 AUD assumption to make.. and I'm not keen to just purchase.. LOL
  8. A

And your balanced cables at the back, are they TS (one black stripe) or TRS (2 black stripes)
  9. A

Hey @WondrousHippo Does this imply the SMSL sends to both outputs simultaneously?
  10. A

Are you using proper TRS to XLR balanced cables. If you are using TS cables and the C200 doesn't switch to unbalanced signal that could be picking up the mobile noise. You are plugging in your headphones to the front 6.35mm jack? The back ones are balanced line level for plugging into...
  11. A

Interesting.. it might just be at that moment when the switch is occuring that a change in clock signal confuses the SMSL.... That post actually makes me think of getting one for myself. BTW - I can't seem to get confirmation, does the C200 unit drive both the RCA and XLR outputs simultaneously?
  12. A

It's probably losing the clock when that switch kicks in. Maybe try loosening up the pll settings (set to a higher number) Good chance that switch is adding jitter too.
  13. A

HEDD Type 20 MK2 Monitor Review

Yes.. With the marginal differences here, unless you have a really well designed and treated room, your room will most likely play into the final sound more than the speakers themselves.
  14. A

Kali Audio IN-8 Studio Monitor Review

Yep... There's a comment that the initial pair Amir had were faulty. The review and measurements from Erin's Audio corner were much more positive. I also think there's a lot of confirmation bias, people don't want to believe that speakers this cheap could be that good. Mike Borza had them...
  15. A

Choosing between Adam Audio T Series, Kali IN Series, JBL 3 Series, and maybe others for nearfield listening.

Okay So... after my objective listening of the JBL's vs the Kali's, and the (if I had the budget the KH 310's were appealing but maybe not right for my room) - the bass in the Adam T series is big, but not tight. And these reviews https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/kali_in-8v2/...
Top Bottom