Recent content by AllanDavidson

1. A

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

Here both M2 and id4 MKII cost the same, $199. The 2x inputs on the MKII (Inst/Mic) are enough for me. I was told to get the M2 because it have much better latency and software support.
  2. A

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

I'm getting an interface this Black Friday to use with my laptop, I don't need much, just an Instrument input (for Guitar, to be used with real time VST), and a Headphone/Mic combo to Game/Chat (Senn PC38X) I'm between the ID4 MKII and the Motu M2, both cost $199 right now. Which one should I...
  3. A

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Ah yes, the world of Guitar, where the experts have lost half their hearing at this point.
  4. A

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Most guitar recordings have all the signal being processed/toned in the analog chain before the ADC (usually a mic in front of a tube amp). I'm doing it all digital, recording the passive guitars straight to the ADC and shaping the tone on the computer, so I need the most Signal-to-Noise ratio...
  5. A

E1DA Cosmos ADC

Is this ADC overkill to record guitars?
  6. A

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

I do this in many thing I have. For instance, I have a microwave with a display so bright my neighbour can see the clock and tell the time. I had tu put some tap on it to dim it. I also do this on Modem, Router, Nobreak/UPS and Server
  7. A

Motu M2/M4 are now 2 years old, and yet there's no competitor with the same qualities/features around the same price. More competent products are either way more expensive and not BUS-powered (Ultralite MK5, AXE I/O, Apollo Duo), or lack in features/performance (Audient Evo) I think the...
  8. A

Well, it looks like you were right. Now revisions are coming with 9026 Pro (same DAC on Ultralite mk5) instead of the previous 9016S, and a new USB interface chip. Not that it matters much, anyways, the DAC is already an 8-channel, 32bit/384KHz with 124db DNR and -110db THD, this is (I believe)...
  9. A

Actually it's the opposite, at least in the smartphone world, where 99.9% of the devices out there that uses USB-C are in fact USB 2 devices. It's pretty rare to have a USB 3.x on phones, except on a few high end devices.
  10. A

Motu affirms they are (at least) compatible with iOS, but you may need a USB Hub to provide enough power, as you said. Now looks like a theoretical "iPad DAW" only depends on Software. https://motu.com/techsupport/technotes/m-series-ios-power
  11. A

Makes me wonder if a Phone/iPad can be used as a "DAW/Host" for bedroom musicians, and if not, how long until it does.
  12. A

Review and Audio Measurement of LG G7 ThinQ Smartphone

Yep, I'm aware of the whole shebang, I'm just looking for a portable HPA that can be fed by the USB (or have its own battery). Many recommended me combos like Oppo HA-2, but their dac is even worse than the one in the phone.
  13. A

Yep, connecting an amp on the 3.5mm audio out, and using the USB-C as a power source for the amp. The Quad DAC itself is very decent, the only problem is the weak output of the amp.
  14. A

Any recommendations of a USB-C powered amp that I can use on a LG G8?
  15. A

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

There are categories for both Standalone Players (DAPs) and DAC/Amp combos
Top Bottom