Recent content by all-air

1. A

44100hz 16bit vs 44100hz 24bit - 16bit causes White/Static noise..

Not sure I understand what you mean (I'm a novice sorry), but it seems my PC does not registre the noise/static
  2. A

Just tested, my Beyer T5p 32ohm, fairly sensitive, couldn't pick up any noise through the motherboard back or front (chassi) 16bit... Only with DAC connected and amplified signal with an amp (gain etc). Guess the motherboard can't amplify the noise (dither?) like a dedicated amp Yes, it sounds...
  3. A

https://www.spektrummastering.com/audio-blog/24bit-depth-16bit-depth-audio/ "THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 16-BIT AND 24-BIT AUDIO When just listening to music this difference is hard to notice but if you turn up the volume during a fade out of a song (16-bit) you can actually hear the noise floor...
  4. A

Thanks! So the noise I hear is pretty normal and has to do with 16bit rather than my motherboard? If i turn my THX887 to full volume on normal gain or full volume at high gain i hear "static" with 16bit (44k, 48k all of the 16bit settings) , but not at all with 24bit. The noise is more noticable...
  5. A

Isn't it wierd 24bit is without static noise and 16bit is full of it... Is 16-bit just a format prone to high noise floor?
  6. A

Probably the motherboard connector then? I have a Supra Zac optical, but I've also tried much more expansive cables that I returned since they did not help. This kinda bugs me!
  7. A

Hi! Does anyone know why I'm getting static/white noise with all of my 16bit settings on my PC through optical/toslink out? Static with 48000hz 16bit, 4100hz 16bit etc... To "really notice" the static I need to turn the gain up on my amp (it's there on lower gain aswell, just not that...
  8. A

Halp. Static noise from motherboard with Optical to DAC!

I had another "serious" problem using PC -> USB -> Dac. "AMD Sata Controller" (in Device manager under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers") caused some serious latency-spikes on my computer that I didn't even know was happening til I installed Latencymon and started troubleshooting.... Also had to...
  9. A

Hmm, the static noise comes back if I use 44100 Hz with 16bit and goes away in 44100 Hz 24bit. I think this was the problem all a long, not the Realtek-settings. Is this normal?
  10. A

Can a DAC cause channel imbalance?

Thank you very much! :)
  11. A

Can a DAC cause channel imbalance?

Can a DAC like cause channel imbalance? Can low VRMS from a DAC to an amp cause channel imbalance? Asking out of curiousity.... My friend has a Chord Qutest and he things it is causing channel imbalance and I don't have a clue about this kind of things. Thanks! :)
  12. A

I guess I didn't try tweaking enough, my bad. The problem is now gone and I can stop fantasizing about a new MOBO/PSU which feels nice... :) Thanks guys!
  13. A

I've never used ASIO, does it work with Realtek or do you pick one of the two?
  14. A

I opened a program called "SupremeFX" (Som type of Realtek HD Audio Manager-skin I think?), from there I tried different things (not much to tweak with) and found one that says "Separate all input jacks as independent input devices." It seemed to do the trick! :)
  15. A

Question(s) regarding THX 789 (THX 887) and DAC (clipping?)

Thanks! I was getting influenced by people saying high gain sounds the best and my specific headphones needs loooooouds of current haha, but didn't realize it could potentially cause clipping with the wrong type of dac/voltage. I'll stick to the normal (medium) gain since it is enough. :)
Top Bottom