Recent content by alik1006

1. alik1006

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Same but directly from Denon. Will see how it goes. :)
  2. alik1006

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

I believe I've seen/heard somewhere that X6800H was to be announced early next year...
  3. alik1006

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

Similar thoughts assuming they bring back AKM (or other better DAC).
  4. alik1006

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

Your "those are the only ones tested" apparently means "no Yamaha AVR". As far as I know you can send any AVR to amirm - and he will test it.
  5. alik1006

Well there are definitely other AVR/AVP including Pre Pro on this forum that were tested by @amirm but not recommended. Check here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?pages/Audio_Equipment_Reviews/
  6. alik1006

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Thank you. Listened for "Esja" and "Inner Symphonies" with Dobrawa Czocher. Cannot say that I loved it but it was definitely interesting and I think I can say I enjoyed it. :) Sounds (to me) like Michael Nyman with a pinch of Philip Glass. I would say it is for sure modern classics...
  7. alik1006

+ extra time for communication and collection of evidence to confirm that it is truly AKM + extra time to sell inventory of inferior DAC + extra time to "trickle down" from top level overpriced models I do not think we should expect anything earlier than the end of 2022 before it can even be...
  8. alik1006

It seems they increased prices by $100 for all models. The reason is probably that they believe people don't have good alternative anyway so the demand is strong and supply is short/disrupted. Which is not an unreasonable assumption. Even if you look at this forum, Denon (and some Marantz) are...
  9. alik1006

Sounds like a good decision. Quite a few people already came to the same conclusion (including me). If you can afford - it's better to wait. Given chip shortage, supply chain disruption, mess around HDMI 2.1, less than conscientious behavior of some brands (we-know-who)... wait and see looks...
  10. alik1006

So why were they "hush hush"? I can't seems to find in this correspondence any explanation....
  11. alik1006

It would be great if OP updated the 1st post in this thread with the summary of information known to date. I believe @peng posted almost full summary a few posts ago. Or if OP is not up to it, maybe we can start a new thread and keep the 1st post up to date? Just an idea.
  12. alik1006

Talking about cello, Jacqueline du Pre was sort of a revelation for me. Two of her iconic romantic performances:
  13. alik1006

Some Russian music. I'll share 2 version, pick your poison. :) #1 The passionate one. Stravinsky said “wow!”. #2 The wild one.
  14. alik1006

1954 recording in Dresden.... Oistrakh at his best. I believe this is it: or in better quality on Spotify Thank you for pointing to it. I haven't listened it for quite a while. And I don't have this recording, it is not part of "The Complete EMI recordings". :)
Top Bottom