Recent content by Alexium

1. A

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

I gotta say, if you get the Hexa and make an EQ preset for them, then I will buy the Hexa too (even though my current IEMs are better). I'm still enjoying your TcZ EQ.
  2. A

Sounds pretty complicated, how much worse were they without mods? For under $20 I'm very tempted to order them.
  3. A

Thanks for the recommendation! Do you have the $50 or $600 RE800s? I'm pretty sure they're not the same, the new ones must be cost-optimized. Very tempted to pick one up, $37 during the ongoing sale. I've had Dunu DN 1000 with a similar non-detachable cable, was worried about it, but had no...
  4. A

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

To my surprise, DX1 does work at USB 1.1, allowing up to 96 kHz/32 bit. Note, however, that many isolators can only supply up to 1 W of power (200 mA), and DX1 is drawing 1.3 W even at idle.
  5. A

Thanks! So people were not wrong to recommend S12 for technicality. Do you know a more technical IEM in this price range? And could you recommend a track (or several) that demonstrates TCZ becoming muddy? Isn't everyone underwhelmed by them?
  6. A

S12 definitely, but I'm not convinces it's 2x better. That's the "problem" with TCZ - they set such a high bar for such a low price, you're hard-pressed to find an IEM that's better, and that's priced proportionally (not 10x more expensive for 2x subjective gain). I think for some people just...
  7. A

After much reading and hesitation I bought Letshuoer S12 Pro for $83, and for that price, compared to TxC Zero, I think they're very good IEMs. They require no EQ (except for a bit of a low bass boost, but that's down to preference). With the currently ongoing Aliexpress sale they're probably...
  8. A

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Does anyone know whether DX1 will work at USB 1.1 (12 Mbps)? I want to plug it in through a USB isolator, those are USB 1.1 max.
  9. A

I wanted to buy the PR2 after seeing some reviews, but then I read that there was a silent revision, allegedly the manufacturer removed some filter and now the treble is boosted by like 6 or 8 dB, basically screaming. Have you guys heard about that, is it true or are the currently sold PR2 alright?
  10. A

SIMGOT EA500 Review | How do these new 92$ solid metal casing IEMs sound?

Why compare to Zero? You have to compare them to the Hexa. Has anyone here heard both? I was going to buy the Hexa, but now I think I'll pull the trigger on the EA500. I've seen comments that EA500 have better resolution than the Hexa. Which should mean it's a lot better than Truthear Zero.
  11. A

Serious question: I have the Crinnacle Truthear Zero (EQed, and I like them a lot after EQ). Should I buy the 7Hz Zero, or is my other Zero just better? Fit not a concern, only sound quality. Also, why is the $80 Hexa not on the list? They're not so good, or they just released later and didn't...
  12. A

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Generally I find IEMs much more comfortable than over-head phones (I used to use both types regularly, except for the last year - since getting the Zero). The only downside is that they tend to move out of the ear slightly, breaking the seal, but I don't mind adjusting them every 10 minutes or...
  13. A

I've used decent equipment with HD800 - EMU 0404 USB, O2 headphone amp. I've tried EQing, they definitely do need EQ, but I couldn't nail the right curve. These were the O. G. HD800, not 800S. There are also mods that bring HD800 closer to 800S, I didn't do them.
  14. A

Are you saying they sound better?
Top Bottom