Recent content by alexeyi

1. A

Apple Music LosslessSwitcher app for Mac

I It used to be like this yes. These days I’m running Roon or sometimes just Tidal, which both have exclusive modes working on macOS just like on other platforms.
  2. A

I left in running all the time because it did not bother me, but you can experiment with it.
  3. A

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

There might be some benefits, but in my opinion, it depends on the implementation. One thing that comes to mind fast is that once you go past 2 DAC chips, the timing, or the clocks would need to be very well aligned, or anything you’ll see from that implementation would be distortion. Timing...
  4. A

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

One way to look at it, it is good to have multiple very performant DACs because of the price drop in the market. Nowadays it is easy to pick up a very capable DAC and some would argue that the bigger the pool of products, the better because then you can also choose on personal preference, form...
  5. A

TOPPING D90 model history?

The original D90 MQA used AK4499 chip. Starting with D90SE and D90LE they used ESS chips.
  6. A

Extreme Snake Oil

“Expect them to be consistently warm, full-bodied, midrangy, rich—in short, solidly on the musical side of the spectrum.” Well, there you go, now the Ethernet cable is finally warm, full-bodied, but also “midrangy” if that even is a word. What a snob that reviewer.
  7. A

For me it did work every time I used it, after I figured out it has to have the console/terminal of the app open and that works only if I open manually the application from the executable inside the package. But yeah, it is not like an official implementation of Apple, which at this time I’m not...
  8. A

If I open the app downloaded from GitHub sometimes it’s not working for me either. Instead if you right click on it and show files, then open the LosslessSwitcher from inside the folder of OS it works every time. How I can tell if the app is working, is if the console that you can see in my...
  9. A

Extreme Snake Oil

Well, that's what happens when you build your brand on lies. Instead of building a legacy you have to change your name every now and then to shake up the sketchy marketing.
  10. A

Yes, it works with local and streaming. You start the Losslessswitcher app and then you start your music. you can see in the console that it switched from 44.1 to 192 automatically based on played song.
  11. A

Extreme Snake Oil

They are somehow right, you can hear whatever you want... at least they can say that to people spending that absurd amount of money on a pair of cables.
  12. A

Hello, I am using it with Ventura 13.1 and it is working as expected.
  13. A

Extreme Snake Oil

If cables are on the spotlight, I was looking on the thread and I could not find them listed. Behold CrystalCable. They have a pretty nice website, maybe they really make some money. Rip-off on a big scale :facepalm:
Top Bottom